Lexington Motor Company 1916 painting

Is there any interest in painting of Lexington Motor Company  entitled Airport  View of Lexington Motor Company by E Pierre Wainwright.  signed and dated E Pierre Wainwright 1916. Original frame with brass plate. Total measures 23" X 37"

DSCN7554.JPG

DSCN7553.JPG

DSCN7560 - Copy.JPG

A collector of early automobile memorabilia and especially a Lexington automobile owner will find it very desirable.  If you wish to sell, you may want to advertise here or sell through eBay.  The Lexington automobile was made in Connersville Indiana.

Terry

Edited by TerryB (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

It's an interesting painting.   Has sort of an amateurish look to it.  There were a lot of postcards produced showing aerial views of automobile factories and this painting may have been done using just such a view as the model.  I am not familiar with the artist.  I think it is of potential interest to a Lexington enthusiast.  I don't want to be accused of ridiculing you but I do feel like 1000 is high for it.  If it had stronger connection to the company or stronger image of the car it would elevate it.   Provenance is everything for items like this, and if you had some way to prove it was commissioned for the President of the company and hung in his office, that would be the kind of connection you'd need to command the $ you feel it might be worth.  You could always put it on ebay with a solid reserve and see what happens.  That would give you a good idea of it's true value.  

Terry

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like it's got a story.  That always makes it interesting, especially to someone who enjoys Lexington history, or perhaps history of the city.  When there is cross-over interest it always increases the potential level of interest.   Good luck, but I still feel floating it on ebay with the whole story might be the best way to get true value.  Just put your reserve on it and enjoy.

Terry

No this is a different painting than the one on the buglady's webpage. .. Same artist. The family has that one. Really don't remember where we pick this one up at. Have had it for may years stuck up in the attic literally