Who's Going to Denver

MrEarl

4 hours ago, Terry Wiegand said:

I couldn't even tell if that was Ben in that little photo.  Bigger is always better in just about everything   -  Well, almost everything.

Terry Wiegand

Out Doo Dah Way

Lets try again!  Full size.  The small one was downsized to fit the signature and still would not load on same.

Ben882173070_BCANationals2012024.jpg.ed6cbadffc7249a1f700565d7131d381.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

OK . To day I gave up on driving to Colorado .To register the truck I bought  to pull the roadster.  California  DMV said I have to do a vin varification on the 1939 ford so I did get the best appointment I could get but that is next week  .Just not enough time to pull it all off I would have liked to drive the 1925 no way can I get it done in time For this event . 

Me and my wife will be their  Friday so we can cheek it all out  

Edited by sligermachine (see edit history)
  • Like 1

After some bad luck and now good luck, yesterday I got the word that I would be able to go to Denver.

Nancy has not attended the last 2 national meets because she lacks the stamina to get around, up & down, and she is sloooooow.

I was able to make part of Allentown then I drove to Brookfield last year but a schedule conflict was keeping me from going to Denver.

That problem has gone away and I will probably leave central Texas Monday morning and make the 900 miles in two days.

I contacted Roy Faries so he could forward to the proper people that I would be there to help judge.   Believe this is my 18 or 19th straight National.

Looking forward to seeing old friends and some different Buicks

• Like 4

8 hours ago, sligermachine said:

DO I need to buy tickets to get in the show grounds ?? 

Name of hotel close to the grounds .?

No,  it is free to all to come see.

Look in Lone Tree Colorado, that is where the show is.   I believe there is a Hilton close by.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 10:04 PM, sligermachine said:

No tickets to see the cars or attend the swap meet.  The host hotel is the Denver Marriott South at Park Meadows, 10345 Park Meadows Drive, Lone Tree, CO 80124.  I am staying at the Hampton not far away...

I am not bringing a car going or going on bus tours, so I see no need to register.  I will attend as Joe Public. 

However, since I am a BCA member, I plan to attend the BCA general membership and BCA board meetings.  ?

Edited by Mark Shaw (see edit history)
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Barney Eaton said:

Believe this is my 18 or 19th straight National.

I have streaks of 14 in a row (83-97) and am currently on a streak of 15 (03- current). and I was at Richmond in 2000 so this will be my 31st National Meet

• Like 4

19 hours ago, sligermachine said:

You do not need a ticket to be on the show field. You would need to be registered to use the hospitality room and other meet activities. The Hampton Inn is close to the Marriot , which is the host hotel.

• Like 1

With my last minute change in plans I was scrambling to find a hotel.....my daughter did some searching and got me in the Candlewood (behind the host hotel but on the other side of I-25)

The rated varied on different nights but averaged $110 for 4 nights.  doesn't look like they have breakfast, so I will need to look around for a breakfast place.

Last year at Brookfield, I went to a pancake place for breakfast the first morning and it was over $12.....I went to McD's the remaining mornings.

I presently plan on going to the Forney Museum of Transportation on Wed morning.   I will have room for 3 more people if anyone is interested.  Google says it is a 25 minute drive but I failed to

see what time they open.    If interested, contact me by PM or whatever.

Edited by Barney Eaton (see edit history)
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Barney Eaton said:

With my last minute change in plans I was scrambling to find a hotel.....my daughter did some searching and got me in the Candlewood (behind the host hotel but on the other side of I-25)

The rated varied on different nights but averaged $110 for 4 nights.  doesn't look like they have breakfast, so I will need to look around for a breakfast place.

Last year at Brookfield, I went to a pancake place for breakfast the first morning and it was over $12.....I went to McD's the remaining mornings.

I presently plan on going to the Forney Museum of Transportation on Wed morning.   I will have room for 3 more people if anyone is interested.  Google says it is a 25 minute drive but I failed to

see what time they open.    If interested, contact me by PM or whatever.

Barney,

I am interested....

This is not been a good year for my family so we wont be making the trip this year.. have already made 3 trips as Kathy's sister has been ill and  Kathy has had a hospital stay 2 weeks ago and her sister who lives in  Lamar Colo passed away a few weeks back..This will be a year of healing.. Denver is a fun town to every body drive friendly and have a good time..Anybody going thru Wichita and just need to stop for coffee or what ever  stop by

Have fun and post some good photos

• Like 1

On 6/14/2018 at 10:43 PM, MrEarl said:

? Having to cancel. Anyone wishing our rooms at the host hotel Denver Marriott South, Thursday, friday and saturday nights, $129/night. PM if interested, we'll need to work  together closely to get it switched over.

Suggest you follow these directions!

If you currently have reservations in the HOST HOTEL and you are not planning to attend the meet therefore cancelling your reservations, please contact me prior to cancelling.  The HOST HOTEL is sold out early in the week and we have folks who would like to stay in the Marriott.  We are able to move reservations between attendees but this must be done prior to a reservation being cancelled.

Tour Coordinator

pwojahn105@gmail.com

720-635-6278

On 6/14/2018 at 10:43 PM, MrEarl said:

? Having to cancel. Anyone wishing our rooms at the host hotel Denver Marriott South, Thursday, friday and saturday nights, $129/night. PM if interested, we'll need to work  together closely to get it switched over.

Room has been canceled

Sorry to report I'm not going either now.  It's always busy in the summer, and the days are scarce.  Very disappointed, but making these shows that are not within driving distance is difficult at this time!  I hope you all have a great time.