Wanted: Cloth Covered Wire, Los Angeles region

dracenroc

I don't know about the LA area but I was about to buy some from one of the reproduction wiring harness companies after they had sent me an email about a clearance sale. Their shipping charges were so high that I decided not to buy from them. I did a search on ebay and found what I needed at a better price.

I’ve gotten harnesses from both YNZ and RIW. I prefer RIW for a few different reasons. The wire RIW has in stock and their assortment of original type connectors is top notch. It doesn’t hurt that they are just a 30 minute drive away either.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dracenroc said:

Thank you all for the information.

Will Check out YNZ and EGGE...as far as I know RI isn't that near to LA ?

Yep....I realize that, but they are REALLY good.

• Like 2

In South Escondido (San Diego County), there is a company that specializes in early Brass and pre 30's Automobile restorations.  They are exceptional in all phases of restoration, including having the correct period wiring for the early cars.  They are a source for Packard style wiring and the cloth covered wiring for early restorations.  You can reach them at (760) 331-5235  And at their web site;   Restorationstuff.com   They are a husband and wife team who are very helpful and have the products.

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 12:20 PM, dracenroc said:

Thank you all for the information.

Will Check out YNZ and EGGE...as far as I know RI isn't that near to LA ?

The "brown truck" that delivers does not care where it comes from.  It just ends up at your house.

@Randiego: Thanks! Will check this out too.

@Larry: Thats exactly the problem, I don't have a permanent resident address in the States but visiting 1-2 times a month. Shipping costs for wires from the States to Europe is far from any proportionality. And the ones you can get here are covered with transparent plastic for safety reasons and don't pleasure me.

4 hours ago, dracenroc said:

@Larry: Thats exactly the problem, I don't have a permanent resident address in the States but visiting 1-2 times a month. Shipping costs for wires from the States to Europe is far from any proportionality. And the ones you can get here are covered with transparent plastic for safety reasons and don't pleasure me.

You could always rent one of those PO type boxes at a shipping store to have a street address.

If you are flying back and forth, just have your items shipped there and pick them up next trip.

• Like 1