Sign in to follow this  
packard12man

Re bodied Packard 1108

Ed, enjoy and respect your comments on things not just Packard but Classic Cars in general.  I am confused by your last post.  Can't leave a fellow enthusiast hanging like this - curious as to what car you are referring to on the left (??) coast that was owned by Ken Kennel??  Are these just typo's or was the red wine really good??

The 1932 Dietrich Conv Coupe that was owned by Ken. My spell check changed the name and I didn't catch it.  Still the same color. Looks like it has changed hands a few times, but never driven since restoration. They have kept up with it and it looks like its 97-99 points. Photos weren't allowed or I would have taken one for you. I won't publicly address where it is, if you want to know just PM me and I will be happy to share it with you. Ed

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)

I remember Ken Wessel's collection from when I was a kid. Even when I was 8 years old, I knew his Packards were special cars. I specifically remember the cream-colored convertible coupe, but I didn't realize it was a Dietrich body. It wasn't until I saw that photo that all the memories came flooding back. Thanks for that!

I got to know him through Tom Lester, and the Michigan Region of the CCCA. I was still in high school driving out to the early meets in my town’s old under cover police interceptor. Sleeping on the fiberglass rear seat was not very comfortable! We had money for gas and tolls........carried tools in case of a break down. We ate lunch and dinner at 7-11’s, a big gulp and twelve steamed hotdogs with potato salad..........every day for a week, YUCK! I can still tast it! It’s amazing what we did and had no money, all good memories. So many old friends who taught me the hobby and most are gone now......Ed