1958 Special 2-dr ht. in New Mexico

Pete Phillips

The owner of this car asked me to post it on the Buick forum. The car is originally from Las Vegas, New Mexico and is now in Albuquerque, so very solid and rust-free. He told me that he bought the car from the original owner, did some upgrades, and now has $9,000 in it, which is what he will sell it for. It's a 2-door hardtop 1958 Buick Special, runs and drives; looks like the interior has been re-done with non-original material. Being a New Mexico car, the chrome and body look very good. It's not my car and that's all I know about it. Seller is in the military and needs to sell it before he gets re-deployed overseas. His email is patriotcaptain@hotmail.com and his name is Craig McClure. Price seems very reasonable to me for what is a very desirable Buick.

58 Buick C McClure.jpg

58 Buick C McClure2.jpg

Pete, have you tried changing the digital camera settings ?   If you go into Menu and find the camera settings there should be a section there which will have a choice of S M L

I think that means image size ?   Put the camera on S and see if that makes a difference with your next photos.   I remember my first digital camera was inadvertently set at H and took huge Mb size photos which I could not even send by email.  And I don't have the  skills to re-size them  ?

95% of the photos I take have to be on the huge setting in order for them to be used in the magazine. I'm not going to go in and change the setting because I will forget and then when I have to have good photos for some Buick event in the magazine, they will turn out useless. That's a chance I'm not going to take.

On this '58, the seller told me it has been sitting for two years, so that should not be too problematic to get it going again. I think it 's a very good deal for a very desirable car; I just don't care for the redone interior, so I'm going to pass on this one.

Edited by Pete Phillips (see edit history)
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Pete Phillips said:

95% of the photos I take have to be on the huge setting in order for them to be used in the magazine. I'm not going to go in and change the setting because I will forget and then when I have to have good photos for some Buick event in the magazine, they will turn out useless.

If you're taking pictures for a magazine, then you should have a working relationship with an imaging software package.  ;)

Example: Photoshop as a 'Save for Web' setting that will create a downsized copy in two clicks. .