Source for interior paint 1st generation Riv

mp65riv

If you're willing to go through the hassle, find a dark green you like in someone's plastic paint catalog and then paint everything that color.  With black I think this would be easy but with dark green I'd want to try it out so it'd match the various vinyl parts like the door panel upholstery.

Your local automotive paint jibber can match anything you take into him.  If you're trying to match both hard and soft surfaces, take an example of each.  Tell him that one of the colors is for vinyl.  If he doesn't have dyes, he can add a flex agent to the paint.  Before dyeing any vinyl, read up on prepping the surface.

I needed to touch up a few chips in my interior paint mainly on the console on my 65 dark green interior and I drove the car

down to my local paint jobber and he put his scanner on the paint on the console and his device spit out the formula for the paint. It is

a perfect match and the touch ups are completely undetectable. I had him make it semi-gloss and it came out perfect. Like you I have the code 620

dark green custom vinyl interior. Here is the console  and dash after touching it up with a small artist's brush.....

DSCN0076.JPG

• Like 1

Valspar makes a really nice satin black polyurethane that I have have been using for chassis, underhood areas, and inner fenders for years. You may be able to find something in green. Loews stores sell it in my area. If I do some interior painting on my next Riviera redo I would probably try satin Valspar first.

Bernie