Pvc valve question

Buick35

My son has a 351Windsor that we put in his 66 Mustang and we recently bought a holley efi carburetor. The engines been rebuilt to 30 over with a mild street cam. It smoked quite a bit out of the exhaust and I was wondering if it would help to not run the pvc hose to the carburetor, it also doesn't have a brake booster. I'm also having difficulties trying to program the carb.It's got a touch screen pad and the engine won't idle at a steady rpm,it varies from about 800 to 1400. If anyone could tell me where to set the idle ,fuel air mixture,ect for my application it would be greatly appreciated, it also has a manual transmission. Thanks Very Much, Greg.

First, there is no such thing as an "EFI carburetor". Either it is a carb, which uses engine vacuum to draw fuel into the airstream, or it is fuel injection, which uses fuel pressure above atmospheric to force fuel into the airstream. I'm assuming you have a Holley throttle body EFI system.

The PCV needs manifold vacuum. It neither knows nor cares if that vacuum source comes from the throttle body or some other port on an intake runner, so long as it is below the throttle blades.

Thanks, Sorry to call it a carburetor, I just can't break the old school habit. Personally I hate all this computerized crap! If it were my car Is stay with the carburetor and mechanical fuel pump. I got it sounding pretty good now, I just have to get the idle a little lower and drive it more so the computer will learn where I set it.