Me and My Buick Reatta

Ronnie

At 30 it is an Antique in Florida also and a great road car that starts on a touch.

My college car was a roadster with 4 speed OD trans, 4 wheel disk brakes, and a triple carb DOHC 6. And was a 1959. Suspect some don't like those either.

23 hours ago, Ronnie said:

From what I can tell, don't expect that to happen anytime soon. I posted a photo of my dash here in the Buick General Discussion forum and didn't even get a comment on it.  I think your car has to have a dimmer switch in the floorboard to get much attention in that forum. :) 

I think Reatta owners should post in that forum more to bring some attention to the fact that our Buicks are antiques now too.... at least they are here in Tennessee. :)

Ronnie, you may have not gotten any comments on your dash but you did get 4 likes.

It didn't go un-noticed.

As you know Reatta's are still considered a modern car next to Barney's '39.

Cal.

7 hours ago, 91vert said:

Ronnie, you may have not gotten any comments on your dash but you did get 4 likes.

It didn't go un-noticed.

As you know Reatta's are still considered a modern car next to Barney's '39.

Cal.

Yeah, 4 likes is pretty good and you are correct, my post did get noticed. I guess I'm just a little anxious to get our Reattas accepted as being part of the old car family. :)

Why I got a REATTA....I've always loved ''NON-COOKIE CUTTER CARS''

I've owned 100's of cars since I was 14 years old

Many ''COOKIE CUTTER CARS'' & some ''NON-COOKIE CUTTER CARS''

The following is a LIST of SOME the ''NON-COOKIE CUTTER CARS'' that I have owned :

DELOREAN

RAMBLER MARLIN

AMC PACER

INTERNATIONAL SCOUT

1966 OLDS TORONADO

FIAT 850 SPYDER

BMW 1600

1966 MERCEDES

1959 CADILLAC WITH HUGE FINS

1963 PORCHE 356 COUPE

1967 PORCHE 912

VW ''WOODY'' KIT CAR

1969 VETTE

1962 VETTE

And of course a REATTA

I KNOW I HAVE OWNED MORE ''NON-COOKIE CUTTER CARS'' , I'll post them as I remember them...hahaha

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Cargirl. I'm glad you like it. :) I spent lots of hours using a polisher Winter before last to get dull paint to shine. It still has defects in the paint when you get up close but from 10 feet away it looks pretty good.