dc-8dave

Original 1932 Chevrolet Special Sedan With 41K Miles For Sale this time with PICTURES

My father has decided to sell his original 1932 Chevrolet Special Sedan with 41,000 miles. He purchased it in 1981 from the second owner’s grandson. It is believed to have been sold new in Spokane, Washington and then traded in when just one year old. Dad has the 1934 Washington registration along with a clear Washington title. The car was built in Oakland, California has the original Manganese Blue paint still on it and the original mohair upholstery. It is a completely original numbers matching car, to our knowledge none of the mechanical parts have ever been changed. When we purchased the car the right front side mount fender had been so badly damaged that it was cost prohibitive to fix it so we replaced it with a new old stock fender.

Much work has been performed on the car and many accessories have been procured for it. The list of accessories are as follows: the factory extension trunk and rack, the right hand tail light, the second horn (then we had them both restored), a factory heater, and factory mirror clock, factory wind wings. If you would like to arrange to see the car or would like more information please contact me through the AACA mail system. The car is located thirty miles out of Spokane, Washington. As for the price, $11,000.00.

Dad's 32 Chevrolet 002.JPG

Dad's 32 Chevrolet 005.JPG

Dad's 32 Chevrolet 006.JPG

Dad's 32 Chevrolet 007.JPG

Dad's 32 Chevrolet 008.JPG

Dad's 32 Chevrolet 010.JPG

Dad's 32 Chevrolet 012 - Copy.JPG

Dad's 32 Chevrolet 013.JPG

Dad's 32 Chevrolet 016.JPG

Dad's 32 Chevrolet 017.JPG

Dad's 32 Chevrolet 018.JPG

Dad's 32 Chevrolet 019 - Copy.JPG

Dad's 32 Chevrolet 020.JPG

Dad's 32 Chevrolet 025 - Copy.JPG

Dad's 32 Chevrolet 026.JPG

Dad's 32 Chevrolet 028.JPG

Dad's 32 Chevrolet 029.JPG

Dad's 32 Chevrolet 033.JPG

Dad's 32 Chevrolet 045.JPG

Dad's 32 Chevrolet 047.JPG

Dad's 32 Chevrolet 015.JPG

Edited by dc-8dave (see edit history)

A " numbers matching " car from 1932 ........ wondering what that really means, since " numbers matching " for Chevrolet didn't occur until the '60's.

In my use of the term “matching numbers” in the above advertisement for my Father’s 1932 Chevrolet, what I was trying to relate was the meaning. It is my understanding that the term “matching numbers” implies that said car has all of it’s original components and that nothing appears to have been changed during the cars life time.  Please see the attached documents that relate to Dad’s 1932 Chevrolet Special Sedan. I have shown the below data to Skip Geear of the Vintage Chevrolet Club of America and he agrees with my conclusion.  

6BA0518191-1.jpg

6BA0518191-2.jpg

Edited by dc-8dave (see edit history)

Guys,

I have removed a few posts. While some of you may not like some of the terms that he has used to describe the car, we typically don't allow arguments on the forum, especially in For Sale posts. If you are interested feel free to contact him to discuss buying it. If you are not interested, you don't need to comment to argue about his terminology

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

My Father has ask me to lower the price on his 1932 Chevrolet in the hopes of attracting someone whom would make it a good home. The price now is $11,000.

Did I miss mention of whether the car runs and drives? If it doesn't run, the prospect of having to repair/rebuild the drivetrain/suspension on a relatively low-value car is going to seriously depress any offers you get. If it does run/drive, it's important to state that. If it doesn't, try to get it running.

Hope you dad's car finds a good home.

For anyone who cares to read this post,

The car does run and drive but it's just been a few years, Dad has been talking about maybe we should part the car out? Nobody seems to be interested in it in one piece?

1. There are different ways of looking at selling an antique car. The market today is very different than 30 years ago . Take in consideration the number of 32 Chevys being restored in present day. Then take in consideration the amount of parts you will sell fast to those that you will be stuck with for years to come that you cannot sell.

That can restored will be worth more than $11000 , I have one . You not see many there was three on the Glidden this year.  They attttack a lot of looking   Kings32

There are some people on this web-site that give Horse's butts a bad name👎 I wish they would go play in traffic.

Hi Dave, I am a Washingtonian trying to dump the Seattle dump to retire to a high class "trailertrashdom", (well not quite - a very nice Marlette manufactured, on 50 acres, 12 miles NNW of Ellensburg). And it does have a 36x72 shop, 13' to the trusses. Beautiful views. All this by way of introduction.

Here is what I suggest. PARTICULARLY for the reason Joe up there in Canada stated, do not part it out. For less time and hassle to do just 1/4 the effort to part it, you could get it running well. Proper response from both the go pedal, and the stop pedal. And we all know the value enhancement from doing that. Another potential possibility which I ask anyone who might know : is there any easy paint process which could mimic to a passable extent the original remaining paint? In other words, go to some primer which would show well through an over polished single coat matching the existing paint ? A "faux patina" compatible with the original paint, interior and cool old trunk & rack. Then, with a quality top replacement, you would have a totally operable, turn key old sedan. Drive and enjoy while tending to details like the instrument panel, etc. BUT,  it really should drive if it is indeed just some tinkering needed. I really don't know if this could be easily' done, but it would allow the original interior to coexist with an acceptable exterior. Does the car preserve that irreplaceable old car smell ? Evidently middle class guy toys are becoming very difficult to sell. The decline of the middle class in the USA is quite obvious to this middle class guy who is in his middle 70s. Patience, my friend. Patience. Supposed to be a virtue. I hope our paths cross some day.       Your forum friend,   -    Cadillac Carl 

Last week at my place out of E'burg :

1F7C666B-09FB-432A-AD08-757843AA19E6.jpeg

Edited by C Carl
Rectified direction (see edit history)
  • Like 2