AACA Dunkirk Swap Meet This Week

AJFord54

For any of you in the Northeast, Canada, etc. we are holding our 75th annual Dunkirk Automotive Swap meet at the Dunkirk, NY Fairgrounds (May 18-20th).  It is exit 50 off of the NYS Thruway.  There are around 300+ vendors with over 500 spaces sold.  Admission is FREE, with only a $5.00 parking fee.  I have been a vendor for over 25 years and can tell you it is excellent.  

It begins Friday morning around 8 am and runs through Saturday and Sunday, although I would suggest that Friday and Saturday are the best,  It tends to quiet down around 4 pm each day.

If you are looking for something special, this can very well be the place, as many of the vendors only do Dunkirk and thus, have parts you may not have seen at the other shows.

Questions, please PM me.

Edited by AJFord54 (see edit history)

I’m looking for 1900-05 engine,one or two cylinder,Crest,Orient,Aster,DeDion Bouton etc. Longuemare carb. Planetary or sliding gear trans .chain drive axle etc. please pass this on to any vendors u see with this stuff. Thanks!!!! George Albright,  Ocala Fla. cell 352 843 1624. Email. Gnalbright@gmail.com 

• Like 1

I like that meet. I will try to get down there Saturday.

The first time I went was in the 1970's, maybe 1977. It is a little over 2 hours away. If I go I am running down RT20 all the way, leaving early and stopping just south of Hamburg at that Cattaraugus gas station and diner for breakfast.  No Thruway, too nice a drive on 20. If you are close go for it.

Back in the 1990's Dick Lord was set up at the Rochester V8 Ford Spring Fling and he got me a spot on the midway diagonal for the Men's rooms. Why Wife didn't know why I was so excited. EVERYONE walked past my space! Best year ever.

Bernie

6 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

I like that meet. I will try to get down there Saturday.

The first time I went was in the 1970's, maybe 1977. It is a little over 2 hours away. If I go I am running down RT20 all the way, leaving early and stopping just south of Hamburg at that Cattaraugus gas station and diner for breakfast.  No Thruway, too nice a drive on 20. If you are close go for it.

Back in the 1990's Dick Lord was set up at the Rochester V8 Ford Spring Fling and he got me a spot on the midway diagonal for the Men's rooms. Why Wife didn't know why I was so excited. EVERYONE walked past my space! Best year ever.

Bernie

Bernie - Shoot for Friday (tomorrow) if you can.  They're calling for rain on Saturday.  I'm on the blacktop G10 -G11.  Stop and introduce yourself if you make it over.

And, as I posted earlier - you'll never know what you'll find.  Tonight I purchased what looked like some sort of a motorcycle fender.  Turns out it's a Culti-Mower fender.  Price was right.  My wife says it's just one more thing to store.  She's probably right.  It will look good in the barn.

Edited by AJFord54 (see edit history)

11 hours ago, AJFord54 said:

Bernie - Shoot for Friday (tomorrow) if you can. 

It is sunny now. Today is the first 200 mile run on the Thruway with the big BMW, in the opposite direction. I have to, at least, run it to the century mark. If I was heading south on RT 390 I know I would be testing the limit they claim is set for 155, carefully, of course. 12 cylinders, 6 liters, 4 cams, 48 valves, 438 HP. It's like R&R in Sydney all over again. Leaving in an hour.

Probably show up in the truck Saturday in the rain.

Bernie

13 hours ago, 60FlatTop said:

It is sunny now. Today is the first 200 mile run on the Thruway with the big BMW, in the opposite direction. I have to, at least, run it to the century mark. If I was heading south on RT 390 I know I would be testing the limit they claim is set for 155, carefully, of course. 12 cylinders, 6 liters, 4 cams, 48 valves, 438 HP. It's like R&R in Sydney all over again. Leaving in an hour.

Probably show up in the truck Saturday in the rain.

Bernie

They are calling for clear skies after 11 am.  We're going to get lucky!  Beautiful day today and a ton of people - buyers as well!!!  I had an excellent day.  Hope to see you there Bernie.