bemused

Many things unidentified from garage

Nice work on the photos!

Looks like you have a lot of stuff to go through but you're doing a good job of it.

Good luck,

Greg

• Like 1

I would do very little cleaning. Maybe just brush off loose dirt and spider webs but no scrubbing of any sort. Leave that up to the buyer.

(the other) Greg

That's fine by me. Easier, and I wouldn't want to damage anything sensitive.

First Greg - what makes you think gas cap and not radiator?

Oh - does anyone recognize that shield with Viking ship as a marque? Seems to be a center cap maybe.

It is from a Plymouth (not sure what year) either a horn button center or a hub cap medallion. keiser31 can probably tell you what year.

Greg

Edited by GregLaR (see edit history)

9 hours ago, bemused said:

Oh - does anyone recognize that shield with Viking ship as a marque? Seems to be a center cap maybe.

1949-50 Plymouth horn button.

9 hours ago, bemused said:

Greg - what makes you think gas cap and not radiator?

The general design and the fact it has a small vent hole drilled in it. Gas caps are often vented, rad caps usually seal tight. Some gas caps are non-vented if they are from a pressure feed system, however the majority are vented.

The Per-Lux lamp is relatively recent compared to your other lamps. 1970s or newer.

Greg

For clarity, I suggest posters helping to ID this stuff reference the post number where the item is shown.

The light with louvers behind the lens, your hand and feet also, is a driving light normally seen on larger trucks. Post #23.

Less photos in a post or item numbers would help.

DANG. Have not seen one of those for years. That is used for grinding/seating valves in. Would probably have had a suction cup attached to the end of the shaft.  The clockwise turn and counter clock turn are probably "uneven".

Ben

Some of your cigarette lighters are actually  late teens/ early 20's dash board lamps. In the early days instruments did not have internal light bulbs and separate lights of this type shone on to them for night illumination.

Greg in Canada

On 5/16/2018 at 8:54 PM, 1912Staver said:

It's more likely a gas cap from the teens/early '20s. 

Greg

Re: Post # 28 and #29. I agree with 1912Staver Greg, The brass cap is for an early gas tank.  It's a good item