Sharknose Disc Brake Conversion?

Dennis in CT

I completed a full resto on my 39 Model 97 Combo Coupe this past year and love love love driving it and want to drive it more. Problem is I hate hate hate the brakes and really want to improve on them. Is anyone aware of anyone that has completed a disc brake conversion? I would appreciate any and all info and or contacts of someone to speak with that has done it before. Many thanks.

Dennis

IMG_1630.jpg

Edited by Dennis in CT
typo (see edit history)

• 1 year later...

Interesting idea. We have a 38 sharknose  and the brake master and wheel cylinders need replacing so we can give it a drive (have the engine running now). We are trying to find a cross reference so we can purchase those parts which we assume will be from a major manufacturer? Do you have any of this info or ideas where we can obtain it?

Keep us posted on the brake conversion if you attempt it.

• 3 weeks later...

I had my wheel cylinders sleeved by Hagens auto parts. They did the master for the previous owner. Give them a call. Yes, I sent them clear across the country based on suggestions from the old GOCI website.

https://hagensautoparts.com/graham - paige/9-brake/208

I've not had an issue stopping my 38  model 97 with the stock brakes after rebuilding the system. You do need to adjust the shoes properly. I replaced the hoses and the steel lines (used cunifer,Nicopp) and used DOT 5 so I would not have to do it again....😉

• 2 weeks later...