1920s touring car

nzcarnerd

By coincidence I have been looking at this one –

– and I think the car in the old movie might also be a Stephens, but from a few years earlier, maybe 1919. Unfortunately, some of these old clips are not very clear.

BTW the beige Studebaker tourer is a rare Light Four model and lives not far from me. It has been for sale for a long time. The square green sedan in the background is also a Studebaker, a 1922 Light Six. 

I think that photo was taken at the Studebaker nationals that were held in Christchurch about ten years ago. I have some photos of that myself – somewhere.

After consulting my Studebaker books I have come to the conclusion it is the model suggested by dl456. It is a 1920 Special Six Model EH. That model started in 1918 (as a Model EH series 19) and known as the Light Six but when the new, smaller Light Six came out for 1920 it became the Special Six and retained the model designation EH as it was essentially the same as the previous model. One difference which is visible in this photo here is the cowl lamps. The earlier car did not have them. The Special Six engine is basically a smaller bore version of the Big Six unit - 3 1/2" vs 3 7/8".