MrEarl

New Image upload size

On ‎5‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 7:42 PM, MrEarl said:

FYI

After fielding a few questions and concerns from  folks about not being able to upload the same size pictures as they have previously been able to upload, I ran some tests and found that it appears a new limit of 10 mb or 1200 x1200 has been set. Upon posing the concern to Peter, he explained briefly that “We went from 80 gig to 300 gig of storage in the past year”  and that we would need to start reducing the file sizes before posting. 

Just wanted to let you all know what I know as I know...

80 gig to 300 gig?  I just bought a 2 terabyte external hard drive for $65.00 at MicroCenter last week.

300 gigabytes = .3 terabytes.

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)
  • Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:52 AM, JohnD1956 said:

There are three pictures below.  The original is 3.8 megabytes. The second is reduced to 1.1 megabytes.  The third is further reduced to 312 Kilobytes.  Image quality is hardly affected.

Would you rather have one picture in your pocket,  or possibly 3?

I'd rather have that beautiful '53 Special two-door sedan!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just for clarification....  I'm going to be installing my interior next week (hopefully!!), and I have a tendency to post a lot of photos as I go along. (So I've heard......)

(Sometimes I have posted up to 12 - 15 photos in a single post so others can watch and maybe get the confidence to take on a new project.)

.......  I'm probably the reason for the new rule!! 

Does the 10 mb limit apply to "Today's Post", or the entire thread?  I have my Nikon set to take large file photos, simply because I like to look back at my photos and it's amazing what you can zoom in on and spark your memory from a year ago.

What program do you all use to resize your photos?  Basically, if I get the photos down to 1mb, you are allowed to post 10 at a time?

Thank you!

Respectfully

Gary Wheeler

'37 - 48

14 minutes ago, Gary W said:

Just for clarification....  I'm going to be installing my interior next week (hopefully!!), and I have a tendency to post a lot of photos as I go along. (So I've heard......)

(Sometimes I have posted up to 12 - 15 photos in a single post so others can watch and maybe get the confidence to take on a new project.)

.......  I'm probably the reason for the new rule!! 

Does the 10 mb limit apply to "Today's Post", or the entire thread?  I have my Nikon set to take large file photos, simply because I like to look back at my photos and it's amazing what you can zoom in on and spark your memory from a year ago.

What program do you all use to resize your photos?  Basically, if I get the photos down to 1mb, you are allowed to post 10 at a time?

Thank you!

Respectfully

Gary Wheeler

'37 - 48

Gary, I use this one.

www.easy-resize.com

It is somewhat slow but allows me to post them without problems after resizing.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gary W said:

Gary, the software that came with my camera can resize my pictures.  But Matt posted that he uses this sites software to do his.  I'm not sure how that works but I like the assertion that once you click on Matt's photo, the user can see the picture in full detail.