Loot at this $25,000 REATTA on eBAY

ski.dive

There was another thread on this car. It appears to be in great shape and is an unusual color which I find very attractive. I do not know why people are so skeptical about getting low to mid 20's on low mile convertibles. It seems that Reatta enthusiasts are all doubting Thomas types. Just recently I helped someone locate a low miles 1991 convertible, he paid $23,000 for the car and at this point, if you want to own this sort of car, your probably going to pay over 20 grand for it. There were other threads on Reatta values and I posted links to pricey low miles convertibles. The reply was just that they are asking good money does not mean they are getting good money. Well, 23 grand last week is current and in fact a verified sale, people are getting good money for these cars. It seems Reatta people should view this as good news. As the money gets better for higher end Reatta's the prices for the rest will follow. A rising tide raises all ships. Two weeks ago I was offered a good deal more money for my car than I paid for it, again, people are finally looking at Reatta's as collectibles. Of course, just my opinion.

• Like 2

I posted this car when it was first up in the Buy/Sell section. Originally it was advertised for 27900. So he's came down a bit.  While this is definitely on the high side its not alone, I've seen a few cars in the 20k ballpark. Some seem worthy of the asking price some don't(in my Opinion). But then again you can get a decent car with higher miles and some issues for relatively cheap. I've been making a spreadsheet to sort of figure out if there's a correlation for price and miles. So far from what I've gathered there's basically the high side prices and the low side. Need less to say there's a good number of cars with over 120k for under $2500. Then some crazy outliers. Once I figure out how to make it a nice looking graph I'll Post it on here.

I'm counting my lucky stars.  I bought my latest, a 1991 Reatta coupe, with 36,000 miles on it, for $1200.  The engine has a spun rod bearing, but I've purchased an engine from  a '91 in a wrecking yard with  80,000 miles, planning to do the switch myself over the next month.  She's a little rough, but ok for my daily driver.  I'm planning to sell the blue '91 coupe with just under fifty thousand miles, see it at the show in Denver.

I like my White/Blue/Blue vert better. Just had it out and drives nice. Bought several nice verts for under $3k, guess those daze are over.

Also have a SLK. Is nice for bombing around town but the Reatta is a much better road car.

Interesting but stupid - in every exterior dimension but height, a new Honda CR-V is the same size as a Reatta.

Edited by padgett (see edit history)