Reatta recognition

Buicknutty

Just a few comments about my early experiences driving the Reatta. I got it mid January, so no driving could be done till quite recently. I have been using it as a bit of a commuter vehicle between the out of town place and the city place when I don't need to carry much stuff, the distance is just over 100 miles each way. So by now I've put about 1,400 miles on it, and it is running better all the time. It was overdue for some basic maintenance work ,which has been done now, but a few things remain, like the radio works, but not correctly, and cruise control doesn't work at all.

Now to the subject of the thread. I have been getting more people coming up talking to me about the car than I rather expected. My other Buicks are a '41 Roadmaster, a '56 Roadmaster and a '69 Electra.

The two oldest ones garner lots of attention no matter where I go, as they look so different from modern cars, but the Reatta is not that much different looking than others on the road. But I have had quite a few people come up and talk to me about it. Including a 60's plus woman who called out to me from her car, and said how much she always liked "those cars". She seemed to know a lot about them. Others have said either they've never seen one, had heard about them, or haven't seen one for ages.

In my travels this week, I've seen 3 Audi R8's, but only one Reatta, and that's mine! To bad they weren't worth what the Audi is, but on the other hand, affordability is a big part of why I own one.

Here's a picture taken of it the first day I drove with the top down.

Keith

ReattaTop1.jpg

• Like 1

You have a very beautiful car there Keith. I just love white Reatta's, they just look so good and with a red interior, best Reatta color combo ever? Perhaps. I agree that the uniqueness of these cars are catching up to the public and people are really beginning to appreciated Buick's 4 year experiment. I have been taking nine out to weekend show and shines and can't believe the love the Reatta gets. Porsche, Audi, Corvette, Muatang---keep'em, I will take my Reatta any day.

• Like 2

"cruise control doesn't work at all. " does the cruise light on the dash come on when you try to engage it ? Any error codes ?

Sure are nice driving cars, a few quirks but still inexpensive toys.