Early Reatta Sketchs - Very Interesting

Cargirl

According to this article, Reatta was to be available for the 1984 model year. Interesting early concept shots.I did not post the whole article but in the portion posted. it makes mention of our very own Barney Eaton.

Reata105102018.pdf

Reata205102018.pdf

Reata305102018.pdf

Reata405102018.pdf

Reata505102018.pdf

Edited by Cargirl (see edit history)
  • Like 1

See you found the Collectible Automobile article by Witzenburg. He worked for Buick at the time and has lots of GM contacts and writes lots of good automobile articles.

Below is my copy of  one of the sketches by Dave McIntosh.   Dave was at the 2008 Reatta roundtable in Flint with several of his original sketches....I have photos of them....somewhere.

DSCN1414.JPG

Here are some of the sketches David had at Flint....there are a couple more but they need to be downsized before sending.

I believe the first one of the dark convertible he did in 2008 as a updated version of what he thought the Reatta might look like then.

44.jpg

green conv.jpg

touring.jpg

pc.jpg

IMG_0839.JPG

IMG_0840.JPG

• Like 2

A Reatta hatchback? That's a bit interesting, but I can't say I like the way it changes the flow of the body lines. The green one is pretty close to production appearance,  save for the gauges. I do really like the modernized red and black one (oblique rear view).