Rear Defroster switch

BoCat

Hoping someone can help me out. I have a 1968 Olds 442 and not sure how to hook up the rear defroster switch. Pictures attached of the switch and harness. My heater is not working either and I am thinking one of the wires goes to the heater also. I have a single wire coming from the defroster on the back window deck.

20180510_153458.jpg

I suggest purchase of a 1968 Olds factory Chassis Service Manual- the same one the dealership mechanics used. It has the main electrical wiring and accessory wiring diagrams and can show you exactly how to connect your defogger. Not to mention it covers about any service work your 442 might need. They're usually available on ebay but 68 CSM's for some reason didn't seem to hold up well, so a really nice one may not be cheap. I think you can download a PDF of it somewhere but wiring diagrams almost always turn out blurry on those, so if you can find the hardcopy book, get it.

Joe P should be on here soon and can probably rattle off the wiring connections from memory, but he had a shed fire and lost a lot of his service literature. Not only his loss but everyone's in Oldsworld. He had some irreplaceable stuff.

Come see us over at classicoldsmobile.com too. Lot of 68 guys on there who may have the info you need. My own stuff is packed up 20 miles away so I can't be much help here.