The real reason why Mayberry was so peaceful........

Seafoam65

The real reason why Mayberry was so peaceful is that nobody was married! 

Andy, Aunt Bea, Barney, Warren, Floyd, Howard, Gomer, Goober, Sam,  Earnest T Bass, Helen,

Thelma Lou, Clara and Opie were all single. The only married person was Otis and he

stayed drunk all the time!

Edited by Seafoam65 (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Zimm63 said:

I signed it Ernest T Bass.  She didn't get it and thanked me for supporting her cause.

You may have missed a good one there. I would have been intrigued.

Reminds me of a monthly supervisor's meeting I used to hold. During a little chat I complained that my Wife had broken the hood ornament off my '94 Roadmaster.

"How'd she do that?"

"Hit it with the snow brush this morning."

"Didn't you drive it today?"

"Yeah, she started it, cleaned it off, and drove it over close to the back door so I wouldn't have to walk through the snow."

That meeting may have had the first "priceless" moment. They never treated me the same after. Their eyes kind of glazed over and they looked like they should be bringing some burnt offering.

Bernie

When my daughters were really young, we were part of the YMCA's Parent / Child program.  We'd meet as a large group at the Y, and sign in whether we were with the Indian Guides (boys) or Indian Princesses (girls) programs.  After the general meeting, which ever group had the most in attendance got to stay in the room; the others moved to the basement.  The girls group always stayed, thanks to the signing in of Johnnie Walker, Hiram Walker, Jack Daniels, and a few other notorious gentlemen.

My Wife and I met another (married) couple at a parents without partners dance. Always a stickler for the rules, she signed her maiden name so she wouldn't get caught.

I would open a used car lot in Mayberry-  Generally Honest Bernie's Used Cars.