Race Car Certification Class 24A

I am looking at purchasing a vintage Indy Race Car. Several are under consideration. I would like to show the car in class 24A . The Judging Guidelines state that "First time entrants must apply to National Headquarters to receive an Application for Certification. The owner will provide all required documentation."  All of the cars that I am considering made at least one start in the Indy 500 or a Cart race and this is easily documented. However, some of the cars had a different engine installed by the original customer than what is currently installed. Examples: 1) A Lola chassis had a Cosworth DFX engine installed by the original customer. It was later converted to a "stock block"  Donovan Chevrolet during its racing career. 2) A  March chassis originally fitted with a Cosworth DFX was converted to an Indy Buick V6 - also during its racing career. Would cars like this be allowed in 24A?  I'm wondering if the "Application for Certification" requires the engine type that was first / originally installed. Obviously, I will be requesting an application, but some info now would be great.

Edited by Guest (see edit history)

2 hours ago, 31 Caddy said:

Thanks Wayne. I emailed him back on May 9th, but haven't received a reply. No worries. Rick.

Rick, I am pretty sure you pick the  year/era and restore the car to those specs. (engine, colors, sponsors. etc)

OK, race cars are certified for a particular time in the race car's history.  It is naturally common that cars were used in multiple years, had different paint schemes, and had mechanical changes.  My race car was certified for 1964 since I had the most amount of documentation for that year.  The key is documentation, when you request the forms from our office you need to fill them out so the committee can verify the car actually raced and you have restored it or bought it in the correct configuration for that year.  Good Luck.