injectors

SteveT

Prepping my 89 for a 5000 mile round trip to the Northwest next month for my brother in laws wedding.  So now it is time to install the cam gear magnet I have been procrastinating about , and even though I just dropped a used set of injectors from my donor car in , I will install new injectors also.  I know there have been a ton of improvements since these were built , what are the best injectors everyone has found to update to ?  Also am pulling intake to reseal the ends and cure my oil leak , what is a good part number to replace the pcv valve grommet?

Look at the You Tube videos on how to rebuild injectors.  I purchased a rebuild kit off eBay and was very happy with the results.  Saved a bunch of money too!  This was a relatively easy job.

I purchased AC Delco 19310785 PCV valve from the local parts store and it either came with a grommet or I asked for the correct one to go with it (poor memory).  I have not done this job jet but I am planning to soon.

The stock injectors are pretty good pieces, Bosch 901's, with a multi-hole spray pattern. IMHO, the best modern replacement are the Bosch type 3, in a 19# flow rate. They have a similar spray pattern but the internal parts are lighter weight which allows them to snap open and closed more quickly. Most report smoother low speed operation. Readily available but be sure to get injectors with the EV1 style electrical connector and have the grooves at the top for the retention clip to the rail.

A few years ago I purchased a set or injectors from www.injection-conection.com

They are out of PA.  215-675-8515.

Tell them what you have and they will send you a set that they have done a flow test on so they all match.

Cal.

The connection to the web page is not working for some reason, just google it yourself.

Edited by 91vert (see edit history)