Saw this big 1966 Chrysler wagon at the store today....

keiser31

He probably got tired of original covers disappearing (expensive), and wife  disliked bare wheels...

Didn't google, but from memory of new car catalog on these I had for years (maybe still do somewhere) rear  seems stretched, or was this a special production model???

36 minutes ago, Bud Tierney said:

He probably got tired of original covers disappearing (expensive), and wife  disliked bare wheels...

Didn't google, but from memory of new car catalog on these I had for years (maybe still do somewhere) rear  seems stretched, or was this a special production model???

That is your standard Newport wagon.

5 minutes ago, SC38DLS said:

That's not a land yacht it's an aircraft carrier! 

Yep....and by the look of the little steps (that are barely visible) on the lower part of the rear bumper, it is a 9 passenger which was the most expensive wagon in the Chrysler lineup in 1966.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

I don't agree, I think the hub caps suit the car. They have a geometric feel that goes with the boxy lines and make it look like a space ship. At least he didn't put on 30 inch wheels and rubber band tires.

Incidentally this model is one of the few station wagons that looks better than the hardtops and sedans.

Edited by Rusty_OToole (see edit history)

We had a 1968 Town and Country Chrysler wagon back in Richmond, VA when our younger child was a newborn -

We drove it to New Orleans to visit the baby's maternal grand/great grandparents-

Sold the T&C while in NOLA and drove home in our newly purchased 1971 Citroen Station Wagon (Break)

Both were great drivers