Coker Radials Look Like Bias Tires

I have a set of 7.60 x 15 American Classic radials from Coker on my 1949 Super. They are great tires.  The whitewalls are the correct width--I used the original blackwall US Royal spare for comparison.

I have a set of Coker's Nostalgia radials on my 1939 Roadmaster, 7.00 x 16.  They have 3-1/2 inch whitewalls. Great tires, too.  They also fit fine in the sidemount wells with the covers on.

No more problems with stud ruts or longitudinal pavement seams on the roadways.

If your rims seal up properly, you don't need tubes. If they are two halves riveted together, you might need them, but you can also seal them by running a bead of silicone along the joint (this is what the expensive wheel makers who use 3-piece wheels do). Tubes are an extra cost and a failure point that you should avoid if at all possible, particularly with radials. I have not used them on any old vehicle on which I've installed radials, although I will be using them on the new wire wheels I am putting on Melanie's '56 Chrysler, simply because the wire wheels don't seal very well.

Skip the tubes if at all possible.

• Like 1

I love the Coker Classics that I had installed on my '40 Packard for all the reasons mentioned above.Coker recommends tubes in them (see Youtube video from Coker).They look great,with minimal radial "bulge" and definitely go down the road straighter.

Jim

Restoring Packard wheels 004.JPG