Rhinebeck anyone?

Going tomorrow to beat the rain.  Always the unofficial start of the season for us.

Still a decent number of vendors with parts for the older stuff.

Also looking forward to the Beardsley Cider Mill meet thd following weekend, strictly prewar, mostly A & T stuff.

I'm headed down tomorrow.  Looking to buy literature and of course some NOS parts cheap to resell (hey I'm being honest here) 

Looks to be a nice day tomorrow.  Don't forget the hat and sunscreen.   Most of us in the Northeast have been frozen for so long we are just starting to thaw.  Wouldn't want to melt into a puddle right there on the field.. 

Well, auburnseeker, I may have just the ticket. I have a pick-up load of model A and early v8 stuff that I will have there. Spot y1 up near the grandstand entrance. The more you buy, the more you save....

The parts are certainly not NOS, but then you may want to expand your horizons...

Frank

Great day today!  Lots of vendors, left with a little bit of evrything, a pair of new tires to replace the stones in the spare tire wells, some other parts and a few cans and a few other goodies.  A bit busy, only pic I took was Model A supplier TAMs out of MA.  A very helpful little guy!  ?

20180505_142549.jpg

I bought a little literature and a bunch of really nice locking gas caps as well as a GM maintenance display with frame still sealed in the box from about 1960 for 15.00

My son wanted every gas powered,  non automotive contraption offered for sale in every state of disrepair and bugged me about those constantly (though he is not allowed to have any as he has some behavior issues he needs to work out first) as he has been told many times by his mother and I,  then took off after we (my father, I and him) ate lunch from the food vendor right across from Tams space (that's one place one can literally go in 8 different directions)  and we spent the better part of an hour trying to find him, eventually paging him twice before he showed back up,  so that kind of put a damper on what should have been a good day. I did get to chat with a few vendor friends though that I hadn't seen in a year.  Nothing for the Hudson.  Must be the few Hudson vendors have all the stuff stashed away at home and are all too old to drag it to the shows to sell anymore.  

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)

My wife and I attended on Saturday and had a great time.  Walked a lot, bought a few things, and got lunch from a food vendor.  I'm into 1951-52 Plymouths and the nearest thing I saw on the show field was a nice '50 fastback with a Chrysler V-8 conversion.  The gearshift was very cleverly built into the heater control.  I was impressed....

• Like 1

Bob, Steve, I hadn't plan on going to the show today because of the rain. Had to deliver some Model T part to a guy at the show, so I thought I might as well take the Special Coupe.

There were about 20 Model A's there and I was lucky enough to walk away with a first prize. It really felt good.  John

• Like 2

Bob, saw one more door ad on CL this am, not the $400 guy.  Guy in lehiegh PA thinks he has a pair of pu or tudor doors, $250.  Thought i would pass along.  I usually punch in 200 miles of my zip in search.  Happy Monday.

Two items I picked up at Rhinebeck, AACA Roster of Members 1961, the year Mom dropped me off at the Ridgefield Meet, and I got hooked on Antique cars at age 10. The 1979 Hershey program has a nice map of the old Blue Field now the roller coaster park. My two spots are the yellow dot, lots of great memories of the deals on that field. Bob 

DSCF8324.JPG

DSCF8325.JPG

Edited by 1937hd45 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I sure miss the old days of the blue field, with all the good pre war stuff you could find. And the Ridgefield meet was always a favorite. Lots of great cars you would see only once every five or ten years would come out in the sun for an afternoon. Days gone by........

• Like 2

How well I remember the old blue field.  I used to park my '59 Peugeot or my '64 Comet Caliente just outside on Hershey Park Drive, sometimes just 6 or 8 cars from the Park Avenue (Park Side Dr.?) traffic light.  The snow fencing was usually already down, so it was instant access to the field. 
The year when it took a WWII half track to haul vendors out, I was busy negotiating for a '31 Model A radiator shell, standing over streaming water running between my legs.   20 bucks and 2 cowl lights for a mint one.  Those were the days......

Edited by Dave Henderson (see edit history)

Dave, upcoming Beardsley cider mill meet is small, but a wonderful throwback.  No numchucks, cds, acres of die cast cars, handbags, t shirts, or used up late model parts to sift through.  Imagine if every meet could be that way?  Gee my old flattie Plymouth ran great... ?

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT (see edit history)
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, edinmass said:

I sure miss the old days of the blue field, with all the good pre war stuff you could find. And the Ridgefield meet was always a favorite. Lots of great cars you would see only once every five or ten years would come out in the sun for an afternoon. Days gone by........

I put together a nice photo album on the Ridgefield meet using a Brownie camera I got with Triple S blue stamps starting in 1961, the finest Pre 1942 cars on the East Coast showed up there. Wonder were they all are now? Bob 

4 minutes ago, 1937hd45 said:

I put together a nice photo album on the Ridgefield meet using a Brownie camera I got with Triple S blue stamps starting in 1961, the finest Pre 1942 cars on the East Coast showed up there. Wonder were they all are now? Bob 

I see them all over the globe.......Maine, California,  Illinois, they just scattered to the wind. Some of the true great stuff ended up in a few collections that I visit every year. Most of it hasnt seen the light of day since the 80's.

Just now, edinmass said:

I see them all over the globe.......Maine, California,  Illinois, they just scattered to the wind. Some of the true great stuff ended up in a few collections that I visit every year. Most of it hasnt seen the light of day since the 80's.

Yes, The quality of the Ridgefield Meet cars was Top Shelf, saw the old William H. Oexle  Chrysler in the Nethercutt Collection last year. Really nice surprise since it was one of the first cars I got to work on. Jay Leno is the new caretaker of "Rabbit".  Bob 

DSCF8329.JPG

DSCF8326.JPG

• Like 1