Vexatious squeal no-more

jglawnyc

So I've done the struts and strut mounts, front cradle bushings, tires, and just recently, the ball joints, front lower control arm bushings, and some other bushing I don't remember, and still there was a skreech/sqeal coming from the driver front side on every deep road dip.  NOW GONE!!!!  It was a loose support bar (the one that goes from the front header to the strut tower.  Apparently the hole in the bar had widened and the bolt that attached to a secured nut in the driver front wheel well was stripped to the point of near failure.  This has been bothering me for years!  All gone replaced by new bolt and nut from wheel well underneath, and with the new suspension rubber, etc, she drives quiet and smooth like new.  Now time for repaint and wheel resto, then interior.....stay tuned.

bar.JPG.60054b38f912ff0597860e71b508e815.JPG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sorry to report to you Chris.....literally ZERO other squeals.  After all the work, and $, to put things right, it drives like a new car...amazing and satisfying.  Yet I am now challenged to get the car looking great on a shoestring budget.  Painting being scheduled, interior next.  Maybe no audible issues, but optical ones abound.

I totally love mine, long after I'm buried or vaporized, the body style of Reatta survives in the heart because it appeals to the deepest emotions. I'm sure once you've got the paint on, you'll be pleased. What an awesome car, and what awesome people we have on these forums who can recognize a true Gem. The rest of society is ... like a distributor that's rotated too much clockwise. i.e., retarded :)

Sometimes in traffic, when I want to look cool, I don't do a burnout (because she won't) but rather, just push the radio on button, and the antenna goes up. I know all others who witness it, are in awe at the sight of it, because, their fancy schmancy car can't do that, but mine can. !!

and moreover, the rear end of Reatta, all lit up, looks as "modern" as any modern car. In fact, the rear end look with all the light bulbs, remains to this evening, still ahead of its time. I'm seriously not a weird person, I never gambled or looked at dirty pics after about age 12, no drugs, drink very little, etc. but I must confess, I feel slightly compelled right now to go turn on the lights on the car and just look at the backside of it. i'm surprised no foreign outfit has copied it

Yeah, the kids especially, they don't understand the concept of a retractable antenna.  I get the rear thing, the Reatta's rounded sculps are great,, but  I actually feel a more intense rear fascination for my '65 Skylark's mid-century modern taillights..   I'm sitting here debating if I should bring the Reatta in today or not?  Right now I'm thinking that no matter how good the body and paint come out, there is nothing I can do about the front and rear glass rubber seals and aluminum bumpber tops front and rear, so is it all worth it. But, I'll find a way to justify it because iIt isn't all about $'s and sense with these cars.