1938 DeSoto C/L MN $6,000

that craigslist ad is a scam. 

Price is too good to be true, description looks like it has been lifted from a commercial site, no location identified, e-mail only ad response. 

Google image search leads to another online site with same photo of this car located in Galesburg, Illinois, with price $12,500.00

https://carscoms.com/1938-desoto-s5-runs-great-93178.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Oregon Desert model 45 said:

that craigslist ad is a scam. 

Price is too good to be true, description looks like it has been lifted from a commercial site, no location identified, e-mail only ad response. 

Google image search leads to another online site with same photo of this car located in Galesburg, Illinois, with price $12,500.00

https://carscoms.com/1938-desoto-s5-runs-great-93178.html

Actually that craigslist price is closer to reality than the real ad.  I doubt that car will sell for much more than 8,000.  It's a somewhat unpopular car in an unpopular color.  A guy with 12 G in his pocket has alot of choices out there in 30's sedans.  I've seen some nice 35 36 Chrysler products for less than he's asking and they are much better proportioned cars.

Kind of strange as well.  Who scams with a Desoto 4 door sedan? 

• 2 weeks later...

Plymouth used the same color in 1938. They called it called Sand Beige. Should have an Ivory pin stripe along the belt edge and matching stripes on the wheels. Los Angeles built cars used this color as well but with a slight metallic introduced which the Detroit built cars did not have. In a field of nothing but dark colors I think this lighter shade really stands out. But maybe I'm prejudiced because that is the factory color of my '38 Plymouth. :lol:

Also, this color looks much better without the whitewalls.

Edited by GregLaR (see edit history)