CANNOT DOWNLOAD PHOTOS INTO THREAD RESPONSE

Cannot download photos into a thread response.  My camera settings have not changed.  A sign appears that reads 'MAX 9.77MB'  Have never had this happen before.  Called the office and they told me to contact Gariepy.  Did that - no response.

Pat Buckley at AACA Office said that there was a software change.  CAN ANYONE GIVE SOME HELP AND/OR ADVICE ABOUT WHAT TO DO.

Thanks,

Terry Wiegand

Phone - (620) 665-7672

eMail - terrywiegand@prodigy.net

6 hours ago, MrEarl said:

There hasn't been a size limitation previously has there?

I didn't know the answer so I tried to upload a really large file,  21MB. It uploaded without a problem. That tells me that. maybe the sign  'MAX 9.77MB'  is caused by something besides the forum software having a size limit.

• Like 1
On 5/3/2018 at 3:05 PM, Ronnie said:

I didn't know the answer so I tried to upload a really large file,  21MB. It uploaded without a problem. That tells me that. maybe the sign  'MAX 9.77MB'  is caused by something besides the forum software having a size limit.

I noticed the exact same issue too.

Previously I read that the max was 25MB and was successful in posting 5-6 pictures since one of the last notified upgrades which allowed larger files.

Prior to that there was a problem and had to reduce picture size before posting.

Are we now back to that?? 

I used to hear a bleep when there was a "like" or "quote" on a thread but now there is none.

I have not changed any settings on my PC but if there is something I should look for please let me know.

It is disappointing and frustration to not be able to post pictures like before. 

Trusting if I'm not alone someone will look deeper into this and advise.

Thanks.

Doug 

• Like 1

I use and have used Firefox for ages. I use "Nero PhotSnap Essentials" for photo revisions. It's free. I always reduce photos to 2000 pixels or less in BOTH directions. I have always done it that way even when size was not supposed to be an issue. It has never failed me.

• Thanks 1

If I DO have a problem posting a photo here, I will simply bring the photo up on my screen, take a photo of it with my little camera and use THAT photo to post here. There....now you know one of my secrets....

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

I ran some tests and found that it appears a new limit of 10 mb or 1200 x1200 has been set. Upon posing the concern to Peter, he explained briefly that “We went from 80 gig to 300 gig of storage in the past year” and that we would need to start reducing the file sizes before posting. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
22 hours ago, MrEarl said:

I ran some tests and found that it appears a new limit of 10 mb or 1200 x1200 has been set.

That seems to just apply to image files. As a test I just uploaded a 18 mb .zip file without a problem. 10 mb should be more that enough for posting images on a forum.

• Thanks 1

There are many ways to resize a photograph (generally a JPG file). I use Irfanview. Load the image into Irfanview, click on Image, Resize/resample, then usually Half, OK, then save. Halving the resolution will divide the photo size by four, usually. https://www.irfanview.com/

Another simple piece of software is Picture Resizer 6.0 at http://www.rw-designer.com/picture-resize.

You rename the software to show the size in pixels you want in the longest side, e.g. PhotoResize1200.exe will resize your photos to maximum 1200 pixels. To use the software, just drop the photo file on it (on the desktop).

Both of these pieces of software are free.

I can set this up for you if you p.m. me.

Edited by Spinneyhill (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm having trouble posting photos well under the size limit.  One was a 1.66 MB with the maximum size of 9.7? Being allowed and it wouldn't upload.  I tired it later and it worked fine.  Seems to be a random problem.  Now I can't upload again.  All pictures with taken with the same camera at almost the same time,  with no settings changed.  Some load,  some don't.