Passwords not accepted second time of login

Guest Ken Green

Guest Ken Green

On logging in, my password fails and I get the message that it is incorrect then does not log me in.  On about the third attempt, I get locked out for 15 minutes.  I then ask to reset my password.  I chose the same password that just failed as my new password and I get into the site.  However, the next time I log in after having logged out, my password is again no longer valid.  I then reset my password and chose a new password that is different than the one I just had accepted.  I get into the site, and all is fine until I attempt to log in at a later time after having logged out.  At that point, I get the same password fail message.  I reset the password again sometimes using the old password, sometimes using a completely new password.  It is a never ending cycle that my password, old or new is not accepted.  I am only able to enter the site when I reset my password.

What's up?  

ps: don't force me to go to the HAMB site ot they might convince me to rat rod my car! (that's my humor for those who don't know me.)

Looks like I have the same issue as Ken Green has described in the first post. I can't log in, I need to reset the password, then I can log in. But after I logout, I can not log in anymore. Then again resetting the password helps.

Update: I have changed my forum display name (option allowed once per 30 days in the profile setting). Additionally I have changed an email address linked to my profile. And now logout and login works. Not sure which change solved the problem (shouldn't have done both in the same time ...), but it is OK now.

Edited by George 1971
Update (see edit history)

George,

I got Ken's problem fixed.

I think when you changed your email address, that is what fixed your problem. Would you like me to change your display name back to George, buick-riviera.pl?