Dodge Brothers Fast Four pistons for sale

trimacar

I have a set of Egge pistons, complete with rings and pins, .030 over.  These were put in my '27 Dodge cabriolet, Fast Four engine, and only test run.  We didn't have the dimensions correct to match the bore, so we had to have another set made to correct the problem.

I'm having trouble getting pictures, email me at david.coco@Comcast.net and I'll forward them.

Thus, these are "surplus to my needs".  $125 for all four, which includes postage in the continental US.  Thanks David Coco Winchester Va.

I'm not versed enough in DB to tell you the difference in pistons between the earlier four and the five main bearing so-called "fast four".  A friend calls the earlier ones the slow four also!  I can tell you, after owning both, that the "fast" is only 5 or 10 miles per hour difference. 

You might call Myers or another of the DB suppliers and ask the question about interchange of pistons.  Thanks for interest!  David C.

Neither of the two main suppliers show any difference between the different types of "four".  I think (pretty sure) that all the pistons will fit depending go bore size.  I also have a set of 4 - hardly used - standard size pistons going cheap if anyone wants to pay for the postage from the UK.  They were erroneously fitted by a previous owner to my engine but should have been +0.020".    

Ray.

• 2 months later...
On ‎4‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 11:56 AM, trimacar said:

I have a set of Egge pistons, complete with rings and pins, .030 over.  These were put in my '27 Dodge cabriolet, Fast Four engine, and only test run.  We didn't have the dimensions correct to match the bore, so we had to have another set made to correct the problem.

I'm having trouble getting pictures, email me at david.coco@Comcast.net and I'll forward them.

Thus, these are "surplus to my needs".  $125 for all four, which includes postage in the continental US.  Thanks David Coco Winchester Va.

Hi David, I lost track of that supplier that you bought those small round head gymp nails from off ebay. Can you please provide me that info again? Thanks Mike West

• 2 years later...
On 5/1/2018 at 6:41 PM, R.White said:

Neither of the two main suppliers show any difference between the different types of "four".  I think (pretty sure) that all the pistons will fit depending go bore size.  I also have a set of 4 - hardly used - standard size pistons going cheap if anyone wants to pay for the postage from the UK.  They were erroneously fitted by a previous owner to my engine but should have been +0.020".    

Ray.

Hi Ray

I know this is quite a while back but do you still have those piston,s

Be very interested in in the UK?

Cheers Wayne

On 5/1/2018 at 6:41 PM, R.White said:

Ray.