Biggest new car per peaves

Buick35

Ditto not liking touch screens.  They do a lot of cool stuff, but I like to be able to deal with the heat etc without taking my eyes off the road.  

Second gripe- what happened to the dip switch on the floor?  Worked great. Still does in my 63 Riv and 61 TR3.

I'll add I don't like air bags especially after all the recalls. Do you realize you are driving with a bomb that's about 16 or so inches from your face and chest that could potentially explode without warning? When they first came out, only the driver was exposed to the risk. Now you have all these bombs everywhere. I try not to think about them when I drive but how safe are these things as they get older? Our 06 Acura had the two front bags replaced under recall. Only the driver's side was replaced first. I even asked the dealer at the time why the passenger side was not recalled for replacement. A year later we got a second notice for the passenger side. There are still several others in the car that I feel are probably just as dangerous as the recalled ones. They'll probably never get recalled. I wish I could just yank all those bombs out of my wife's car.

Somebody mentioned what it would be like to restore newer cars. It will take someone with a computer circuitry background I think. Rebuilding ECU,s, transmission modules, etc.

For example, I always liked the R129 SL500 Mercedes 2 seaters. They are dirt cheap now ( 100k 20 years ago), less then 10k sometimes now. 

Well I bought one dirt cheap with 50,000 miles, 20 years old. It came with one key which has a chip. I went to get a spare and guess what, no longer available, so if/when the key fails I have a 4,000 pound yard ornament unless I can find someone that can figure out how to bypass the anti theft system, which doesn’t look promising at this point.

Maybe I’ll look into what it takes to get around or repair these systems as a lot of cars of this vintage will be considered collectors cars in the not too distant future.