Oldsmobile 1931

Hansson

Don't have a '31 Olds, but do have a '31 Chevrolet I recently rebuilt, area above windshield looks same including sun-visor. The Chevy wiper motor is mounted outside under visor, mounts on a triangular bracket which has 3 screws into windshield header steel panel. The Vacuum  line (rubber or copper runs from intake manifold thru firewall, over and up driver's door front post (1/8" copper up post), and comes across windshield header 8" to 10" before turning out thru header using 90 degree 1/8" copper elbow. A rubber hose connects it to the wiper motor. The wiper is activated by a pre-bent steel rod which also goes thru header panel and has to clear the windshield riser mechanism. Overall, it is a complicated set up, and I can forward some pictures if this sounds like what yours may be like.  

The triangular header mounting bracket, the interior shield shaped slotted control plate (mount almost up to headliner on top trim board), and the stiff steel rod (and knob) are similar to what my Chevy uses (note rod has been snapped off where it would ordinarily come through small  hole in bottom of steel header panel just below the wiper motor, and other piece of rod is fastened to wiper motor). Your motor is different. Does it have 2 mounting arms with same spacing as the arms on the mounting bracket? For Chevrolet, the wiper motor mounted with the shaft facing the windshield, the shaft was smaller, has a groove to receive the blade arm, and the blade arm has a spring loaded clip to secure blade to shaft. My '31 Chevy is in my son's garage about 10 miles from here, so will take some pics next time I am out that way. It could be you have parts for a couple of different applications. Some of your parts appear to be for a dual wiper application.

That wiper motor you have appears to be the wrong one. The actuator rod needs to be in place before the windshield glass is installed. There should be two holes in the outside of the metal header where the wiper motor bracket is. One smaller hole for the control wire in the bottom edge of the metal and the other for the vacuum tube in the face of the panel. You also need to check that there is vacuum tubing going up to the back of the windshield frame. You will need to remove the windshield regulator board to look at everything I just described. The control rod for the wiper also goes in a slot in the front roof trim board that the headliner is attached to. The pictures show a 31’ Chevy which judging by your parts, appears to be very similar as Gunsmoke mentioned. If you zoom in close and look carefully, you can see the control rod and where it attaches to the wiper motor.

E5B7B699-8CE8-488A-AAD6-AA73BE9750E3.jpeg

1A620F52-8F11-43C7-9D9E-5335902322F6.JPG

Edited by chistech (see edit history)

Thanks for the answers o Nice pictures I have now got myself how to assemble it, start by looking for a wiper motor that fits. Do you have any suggestions where I can shop?
Thank you Torbjörn