Wanted to buy: '64 Big Car Chin "Spoiler"

Bee-Oh-Pee

Part obtained. Thanks!

Looking for one in great original shape. But if anybody has one he doesn't want to sell, posting some good pic's showing curves and bends would be a huge help --
Even if if it's INSTALLED. One looking straight up from ground toward rad. support would be awesome.

Not sure, but the '63 version is likely the same. Also, I've been told that these were only on 394 cars.

Thanks in advance....

Edited by Bee-Oh-Pee
part obtained (see edit history)

21 hours ago, Auburncoupe said:

I have eight of these parts cars.  Not sure what you mean but most likely have it.  And no rot.  Dry desert climate here.  Please send a message and clear description to my private message if still needed.  Thank you. 

Nor am I.  What the heck is a "Big Car Chin "Spoiler"?  Does my '62 have one?

Hey, guys. Thanks for the responses. All I can speak for is my '64 S/F conv't. It has (for lack of a better term) a front spoiler -- exactly functioning like the one on a Buick GSX or a Boss 429 -- only much smaller. It prevents a certain amount of air from passing underneath the car while at speed, and would (at least in theory) tend to force a bit more air through the radiator.

If you have a '64 Starfire (again, it's the only one I can speak to with certainty), you can find it bolted directly to the bottom crossmember of the radiator support -- 3 bolts. But I have it from a good source (OK.. I'll say it's from Glenn the "Rocketraider") that they're on other '64s (at least) with the 394. I can't say anything from my own experience, or from any GM sources or documentation.

Here's a picture of my bent-up one off the car, coated in decades of grime and undercoat. 

DCP_5120.JPG

Edited by Bee-Oh-Pee (see edit history)

Well, it "sort of" looks similar to what I call the air dam/gravel shield device on my 62 Dynamic 88 (which also has the 394 c.i. engine)  The dam/shield top attachment point is in the area at the bottom of the radiator and the bottom attachment point is at the bottom of the bumper.  It is made out of reinforced rubber which is somewhat stiff, but not rigid.