black dots

17 hours ago, Jimmy D said:

What do the black dots stand for in the beginning of the listing?

The black dot at the beginning of a topic means there are NEW posts in the topic that you haven't read.

If you see a black star at the beginning of a topic it means there are NEW posts in a topic that you have posted in previously.

Once you have read the topic the black dot and/or stars will be greyed out.

Below is an example. I have made posts in the topic with the black star.  The black dots indicate topics I haven't read. Hope this helps!

Screenshot-2018-4-26 Buick - Garages and Memorabilia.png

19 hours ago, Ronnie said:

The black dot at the beginning of a topic means there are NEW posts in the topic that you haven't read.

If you see a black star at the beginning of a topic it means there are NEW posts in a topic that you have posted in previously.

Below is an example. I have made posts in the topic with the black star.  The black dots indicate topics I haven't read. Hope this helps!

Thank You. Yes this helps as I'm new at using the forum. Regards, Jim

20 hours ago, Ronnie said:

How do you find the new posts (black dot or star) without having to search all the posts? Is there a way to put in keys words which would bring up posts related to the word? Thanks, Jim

On 4/27/2018 at 9:24 AM, Jimmy D said:

How do you find the new posts (black dot or star) without having to search all the posts? Is there a way to put in keys words which would bring up posts related to the word? Thanks, Jim

At the top of each forum look for "Mark forum as read" and click it. (It's next to the Start New Topic button) That will remove all the black dots and stars in that forum. Then when someone makes a new post you will only see black dots for them.