New York State: Greiner's Auto Parts, Cold Brook

Jon37

A very old junkyard in the Adirondacks (north of Utica) that time forgot.  Run by Dan Greiner, (315) 826-3707.  Address: 681 State Rte. 8, Cold Brook.  I'd estimate a couple hundred cars from the early 40's to the late fifties, with a smattering of older and newer cars as well.  The cars are surrounded by trees.  Most are well beyond restoration and are sinking into the ground,  but might yield up some valuable parts.  I saw (what looked like) a mid-thirties Ford panel truck, also a '39 DeSoto coupe, and stuff from the twenties that were pretty far gone but might have salvageable parts from the engines or transmissions.  There might have been a dozen or more early-to-late fifties convertibles with the top irons apparently intact.  When we visited in 2014 or 15, the owner said he had no immediate plans to get rid of the cars but that eventually he would probably have to.  I posted a few representative photos at the AACA's photo gallery HERE .  You can PM me with questions or e-mail XXXterraplane@verizon.net (drop the XXX before sending).

Here are some photos I took in 2014:  https://forums.aaca.org/gallery/image/34619-greiners/

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...