Mike Wiedmer

1951 Chrysler torque converter oil cooler

Recommended Posts

The torque converter oil cooler for my 1951 Chrysler 331 hemi has internal perforations and transmission fluid gets in the coolant and vice versa. I am looking for either a working replacement or a rebuilding service. Can anyone point me in the right direction?


Thank you!





  • Like 1

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You may be able to find an NOS unit. But, for practical purposes, you might put on a new  aftermarket trans cooler and replace that one with a rad hose. A muffler shop should be able to weld a stub of pipe onto a 2 bolt flange and a friendly auto parts store allow you to measure the different rad hoses till you find one that can be cut down to fit. Or just use a universal flex hose.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now