Identifying pre war instrument panel??

AzBob

I purchased this instrument panel at a swap meet. I am guessing it is from the early to mid teens based on the model of Stewart Warner speedometer. It looks like the ammeter has been replaced at some point.  Has anyone seen one similar to or like this?

instrument1.jpginstrument2.jpg.b0958003b10bea4014e2e120dbaff7e7.jpg

Edited by AzBob
Additional information. (see edit history)
  • Like 1

rustyjazz1938, Thank you very much! That’s it spot on. Wow, 1914 Studebaker SC-4. Now I know what the lamp hood and proper amp gauge should look like.

Motorcycle did cross my mind, however it is a rather large and heavy casting and the speedometer is 4” in diameter.  Have it mounted on a hardwood base and hung on the wall of my shop for wall art. :)

Possibly something ( like) a copper-pot Cadillac, 1912 0r later;  which had the first electrics, but "Faith and Hope " engine oiling system.   For the first V8, which was 1915 model,  Cadillac had pressure oiling.   Maurice Hendry wrote that Cadillac had an ex Napier engineer on their design staff.   The 1911 4 cylinder Napier which I have has pressure pump engine oiling;  but also a full-flow "oil filter". That is a lift-out bucket wit brass mesh screen:  but the mesh is not very fine.  I have a similar speedometer with my 1913 Cadillac project, but there is not an amp-meter, nor a sight oil feed indicator.