Future of the antique car hobby

trimacar

Wow, what kind of seafood does your car enjoy?  Love that auto-spell!   It looks like you covered it well.  You didn't mention if you got the charging system to work.  You can drive for several hours in daytime if you start with a fully charged battery (no headlights on) but if you're doing a lot of short trips, use the crank instead of starter to preserve the battery.

Wow this sure has been a fast topic with a lot of opinions. Don't think I've ever had a stock car for long but always have a service manual before the car. Ones I raced (most) got the most mods & always like to bend the rules as far as they will go.

Have had a number of cars that were tuned so tight they squeaked. First one that would start instantly when cold was a 63 FI Split-Window with Delcotronic ignition. Then there were the Corvairs, fastest was a lightened Corsa with a Quadrajet, cam, 3.89s, and trombones. My Judge is sorta stock or at least I have the stock pieces in baggies. Olds 442 W30 'vert front and rear bars with  Delrin bushings, Trans Am quick ratio steering box, WS-6 15x8 wheels with radials (do have correct '70 center caps), hood tach with transistor circuit & is accurate

Reattae have been modded also with 16x7 snowflakes and remapped computer to run cooler. They usually need just a touch of the starter.

And all have hands free telephony added, most with Bluetooth and modern max-legal headlamps.

Will say I do not buy cars to resell, I buy them to enjoy & have had all of the cars in the back for over a decade.

Guess part of my thinking came from growing up around and being employed by GM when today's antiques were new. And I know what the people who made and designed them were thinking. And why in a lot of cases they were built the way they were. Wasn't by choice.