2 hours ago, Schmiddy said:

Right, we have this law in Switzerland too (medicinal purpose only). But they say never drive while medication! Of course it limit the driving skills, no question! You can say goodbye to your license for few months if the police test you on positive THC in your blood (mostly they test your urine, 'cos its less invasive).

But the coin-strategy sounds very ingenious!  :D;) 

Schmiddy, did you see the other kill switch solutions? For example, other labeled switches in the car could be substituted for the kill switch? 

Regarding impaired driving a friend was stopped by police for impeding traffic. My friend was driving 12 mph in a 40 mph zone. My friend told police he had a flat tire. All tires on the vehicle were fine, no flat tire. The officer told my friend to increase vehicle speed because all his tires were fine. True story that happened while I was in school in 1970 something.

No I don't know these other kill switch solutions. I've no such switch at all in my Riv... I guess I've to think about it. I'm sure, with a little imagination, there are a lot of possibilities to hide such a switch. And what a story by the way :lol:

Schmiddy, Americans love to talk about the Swiss and their marvelous culture. I’ve heard, “ The Swiss are never on time...they are too early.” Another one.....” In Switzerland everything is forbidden, unless it is strictly allowed.” We stayed at the Swiss Hotel in Basil and to this day I’m still impressed with the hotel front desk guest service. Also, I tell everyone about the outstanding Der Winerschnitzel I had in Basil. Stories of the Swiss Army and their use of arms for national defense are the most civilized I’ve heard. The last thing... the Swiss had such an outstanding defense/offense during World War II the Nazi’s dare not attack.

Now, kill switch in Switzerland. Check car theft statistics and make an informed decision with facts. As a boy, our neighborhood had many older boys that would repossess cars for finance companies  by hot wiring peoples cars for non payment. Hot wiring is starting the car without the keys. I knew a lot of people in the zAutomobile sales and service business in Maryland. I went on vacation with friends for a week. I parked my car in a solid residential neighborhood in Baltimore City Maryland. When I parked my car I knew the location was not as secure as other streets. The street I parked my new Acura Legend had one street light, it was a dead end, and it was a side street with only houses on one side of the street. I said to my friend as we were approaching the parked car location, “ Would it not be something if my car was stolen?” Yes, Sir the car was stolen. Oh, all,payments were up to date for certain. I was very calm and just went about the business of reporting . Etc. I got the car back from the City of Baltimore, where it was abandoned after the joy ride by the thieves.

ill show you how I hide the toggle switch in a pic.

Red Riviera Bob

"Baltimore!.... Slowly I turned, step by step...."

A few years ago I attended a conference on the Harbor and stayed at the Holiday Inn. At the desk was a form that you could fill out telling about a memorable event during your stay. I didn't fill it out.

My room was on an upper floor looking across the inner harbor and out across a long, lighted street. Being adventurous, I figured I would drive out that street and find a restaurant for  late dinner. I traveled a few miles out, deciding there was nowhere I wanted to park or eat. One place looked possible, but not quite. I headed back to the harbor around 9 or 19 PM.

Getting close to the hotel I decided to try a parallel street. I made a 90 degree turn and the a second. "WHOA!"

For a couple of years I had been having a recurring dream about a dangerous city situation where another car had stopped me on a dark street with all kinds of threatening feelings, The dream scene was quite vivid, and still is. A vacant area, lit in fuzzy yellow, sodium lights, one one around but my car and the other, and the dense feeling of impending disaster, a modern H. P. Lovecraft situation. THAT was what I found on the second 90. It was the exact place from my dream and took my breath away. Creepy.

I wasted no time in getting back to the tourist area and had a nervous and chilling dinner.

Imagine passing that story on the the Baltimore tourism board.

To the kill switch topic, I lost the ignition key to my Riviera in the early 1990's, but it was unlocked. Maybe I will get one this year.

Bernie

"I headed back to the harbor around 9 or 19 PM."

19 PM, is that military time for 7 AM?