1937 Dodge headlamp question

I believe that there is a thin stainless trim ring that goes on the outer edge of the bucket that you are missing that helps retain the lense.  I believe that the reflector clips into that square receiver ( just below the bolt on the photo of the right lamp) and there may be 2 or 3 with a special clip. The lense is press in from the bottom and then slightly slid upward and those spring help hold it in place. I agree, Call Mr. Axlerod and he should have all the parts. The trim rings, in good condition, might prove a little elusive.

Edited by jpage (see edit history)

1 hour ago, jpage said:

I believe that there is a thin stainless trim ring that goes on the outer edge of the bucket that you are missing that helps retain the lense.  I believe that the reflector clips into that square receiver ( just below the bolt on the photo of the right lamp) and there may be 2 or 3 with a special clip. The lense is press in from the bottom and then slightly slid upward and those spring help hold it in place. I agree, Call Mr. Axlerod and he should have all the parts. The trim rings, in good condition, might prove a little elusive.

Thanks for the info and have been in  touch with Mr Axlerod  and very helpfull  and many thanks for explaining things for me 

• 2 weeks later...

The trim rings that I sent the fellow with the studebaker did not work, he returned them. (Needed longer ones). I have a set off a 37 Plymouth (Rusted out shells). Have not removed all the bucket metal yet. Do you need a pic?

Harold

1 hour ago, one-shot said:

The trim rings that I sent the fellow with the studebaker did not work, he returned them. (Needed longer ones). I have a set off a 37 Plymouth (Rusted out shells). Have not removed all the bucket metal yet. Do you need a pic?

Harold

Yes Harold having prob with the L shape metal that fits ove the screw at the bottom and what stops it coming out of the slot under the bucket   would like to have a photo .kind regards John schicker

The trim chrome is necessary to keep the lenses in ,as is the "L" shaped bracket. When screw is all the way out the lens will tilt in at bottom (with a little force against the springs)and fall out before your ready. The bottom bucket (37 Plymouth) has not been taken apart by me. The OEM buckets are 36 I think. I looked in my master book for all Mopar 37 and there are some differences between models. I'll scan for you tomorrow.

Harold

DSC05067.thumb.JPG.73ae07ea01d7d30dc3283a7fc2f5eedc.JPGDSC05068.thumb.JPG.d9b5e8804805cae3bf1f4e8c20f7aaea.JPGDSC05064.thumb.JPG.5169603fb28dc9ac6aad1040ec4da8de.JPG

Edited by one-shot (see edit history)

39 minutes ago, one-shot said:

The trim chrome is necessary to keep the lenses in ,as is the "L" shaped bracket. When screw is all the way out the lens will tilt in at bottom (with a little force against the springs)and fall out before your ready. The bottom bucket (37 Plymouth) has not been taken apart by me. The OEM buckets are 36 I think. I looked in my master book for all Mopar 37 and there are some differences between models. I'll scan for you tomorrow.

Harold

Many thanks Harold  you are a ledgend  .Now im away and can make up clips to hold the glass in  great photos  .Kind regards John Schicker from new zealand 

DSC05067.thumb.JPG.73ae07ea01d7d30dc3283a7fc2f5eedc.JPGDSC05068.thumb.JPG.d9b5e8804805cae3bf1f4e8c20f7aaea.JPGDSC05064.thumb.JPG.5169603fb28dc9ac6aad1040ec4da8de.JPG