Sign in to follow this  
RIVNIK

trans pan torque

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Loren@65GS.com said:

According to the '65 FSM,  10 - 13 foot pounds for the ST 400 .

 

  Loren

EVERYONE needs a factory service manual.  😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Thank you, guys. 10-13lbs it is.   & Ed you are absolutely right!  Which compels me to offer an apology to you other two. I have an FSM, but it is buried somewhere in one of several boxes. It wasn't that Im too lazy to look for it....I just thought it would be good to give you guys a little exercise in mental acuity. You both seem to be doing well for your age.....so there's that.   Thanks again, Drew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I highly recommend a copy of the FSM in soft copy too (PDF) for those times when one can’t get to to the hard copy (and more as I love the search capability and also being able to print a few selected pages for a job).

it is available at several places such as the following (for a 65):

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/buick,1965,riviera,6.6l+401cid+v8,1319329,literature,repair+manual,10335

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I bought one of the reprints for my 65.  Every once in a while, as I use it, I'll come across a page that's upside down.  Just an FYI.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SwedeDownUnderR63 said:

I highly recommend a copy of the FSM in soft copy too (PDF) for those times when one can’t get to to the hard copy (and more as I love the search capability and also being able to print a few selected pages for a job).

it is available at several places such as the following (for a 65):

https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/buick,1965,riviera,6.6l+401cid+v8,1319329,literature,repair+manual,10335

 

Concur.

 

One of the advantages to having a digital copy is that you can print out the pages you need for some messy task without having to worry about smudging up your vintage book.  Another is that you can enlarge pages (e.g. wiring diagram) for easier viewing.

 

There are apparently several licensed sources for these.  I got my 64 manual from Dave Graham Auto Literature via Rock Auto and haven't found a messed up page yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RivNut said:

I bought one of the reprints for my 65.  Every once in a while, as I use it, I'll come across a page that's upside down.  Just an FYI.  

 

. . . just turn the book 180 degrees Ed and it should be readable ! :)

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, KongaMan said:

Those pages are for the other side of the car.

Like the nails in the box that are facing the wrong way are for the opposite wall?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RivNut said:

Like the nails in the box that are facing the wrong way are for the opposite wall?

 

Ha!  I used that line just yesterday when we were knocking in a few nails.  Judging by the reaction, kids today have no sense of humor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this