Past Auction, Pennsylvania 2016

Indy 500

Hello,

I'm new on here. Was wondering if anyone here attended/bought cars from the Dr John Mansell collection from 2016, Pennsylvania.... he collected mainly convertibles and had a big interest in Indy 500 pace cars, of which he had some from different years/decades. I was curious as to where some of the cars went and how they are progressing? There were over 100 cars, some very rare and unusual vehicles, from thirties to eighties, also many spares and NOS parts for many of the cars. Most cars were kept in a barn which was inhabited by raccoons, they got in many of the convertibles and ate some of the interiors etc. So was wondering if anyone here acquired anything from this auction?

I bought a 68 Torino GT, Indy Pace Car convertible, which the doctor had from new after it returned from being used at Indianapolis. He was the only owner the car had before myself. Plastic is still on the seats, very very original unmolested car.

Other cars at the auction included 1940 and 46 Lincoln Zephyr Continental V12 convertibles, 70 Olds 442 Indy Pace Car convertible, 69 Camaro Indy Pace Car 396 convertible, 54 Ford Crestline Indy Pace Car convertible and a 53 Corvette, blue flame 6 cylinder.

Thanks Paul.

Edited by Indy 500 (see edit history)