1936 Buick shutting off

Nanorios

My 1936 Buick shuts off when swithing gears (high RPM) only seems to have the problem once engine gets warm and cars been running for a while.almost sound like car runs out of gas I have plenty of gas and fuel pump is good  ..any help would be gretly appriciated 

Have a look at the sediment jar on your fuel pump. If it has a lot of rusty junk in it, that same sediment may have worked its way into the carburetor and simulate a "no gas" condition. What I'm getting at is that if your gas tank has not been serviced and lined for use with modern ethanol fuels, you may just have an internally rusted gas tank. Ethanol contains water and that water will rust your tank. Its a problem that drove me nuts for the first few months of driving my new '37.

1 minute ago, Spinneyhill said:

And the carb. was rebuilt by someone that knows them?

What about my questions above. Any rough  running before stopping? Is it easy to restart?

No rough running before stopping ..and after stopping takes a few minutes then will restart then will take off fine and once I go to put in 2 second gear dies out again 

On 4/10/2018 at 8:14 PM, Spinneyhill said:

And the carb. was rebuilt by someone that knows them?

What about my questions above. Any rough  running before stopping? Is it easy to restart?

I think it's the flap that the idle screw sits on that's the problem ..when car warms it looks like that flap either stays open or shut can't tell 

On 4/12/2018 at 7:10 PM, Spinneyhill said:

How much do you have to increase the idle speed to stop this happening?

Coils sometimes play up like this when they get warm. Can you try a spare?

You might have to explain the "flap the idle screw sits on". It should not move? A picture would be very helpful.

Sorry It's actually the manifold not carb 

IMG_2544.JPG

If shifting gears is the only reason it stalls I guess you need to tell us:

1. Does it happen when you are going downhill and shifting? If it stalls when you shift going downhill, then it's your tranny. If no:

2. Does it happen when you are going uphill and don't shift? If you stay in first gear all the way up the hill, then when you shift, it stalls? It's your tranny.

3. There is no number 3. It's your tranny.