Part time collection help, Southern Florida.

edinmass

I'm looking for some part time help with detailing and servicing cars in the Palm Beach County area. All cars are prewar CCCA Classics. Prepping cars for Pebble, Amelia, ect; weekly wiping down cars, helping with loading and unloading cars off transports and trailers. NO heavy work. Also, someone who could drive a pick up truck and trailer, familiar with Concours shows a plus. Possibility of the right person attending the shows with me if the situation works out. Retirees welcome. My last helper just turned 77 and the travel was too much for him. Looking for someone to start out slowly at first. Only want people who have a passion for prewar cars. PM me if you think you may be a good fit for our collection.

IMG_0091.jpg

My dream job. Sorry, I will not relocate to southern Florida. I applied for that same type of job for Truly Nolen pest control outfit in San Diego, but they told me that I was too young at 18 years old. They had hundreds of old cars parked all over to advertise their company.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

Just now, West Peterson said:

Contact Penn State restoration program in Williamsport, Pa. I would bet you'd find a lot of hands going up in the air.

I was just starting to think along those lines.....

59 minutes ago, West Peterson said:

Contact Penn State restoration program in Williamsport, Pa. I would bet you'd find a lot of hands going up in the air.

Excellent idea!

That would be the Pennsylvania College of Technology,

a technical-school affiliate of Pennsylvania State University.

They work with A.A.C.A. regularly.  You could ask for

Earl Mowery, among others, who has even been on the A.A.C.A. board.

The school's general phone numbers are 570-326-3761
and 800-367-9222.

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)

Don't worry,  He'll let you train him first.  It would be foolish not to.

Still trying to figure out what to do with the wife and 3 kids to be able to take the job.   Any ideas or Volunteers?  It's still snowing here by the way,  so Florida is starting to look pretty good right now. 

I am signing a new house contract in West Palm tomorrow am and hope to be a resident in next year.  I meet all criteria and have my own tow equipment BUT I don't have a clue about prewar stuff.  Guess I'll have to keep showing my two 61's and 62 409's. Guess I'll see you at the Grand National?

Robert:(

I am a past member of CCCA and shown both sides of the boarder. Took the AACA judging course in Melbourne Fl. and have a credit in Full Classic  judging.  Have worked on and restored 1927 to 1931 Cadillac's 8,12 & 16. My 30 Cadillac Victoria I restored has been nominated two times for National Awards. Only question is will I have time to go home for lunch each day?????? 

Edited by Joe in Canada (see edit history)

Ed, suggest posting on Fordbarn as well, I know where you are a lot of A,T and early V8 guys live in that area as well.  Might be a good group to draw from also.  

Sounds likem you need general, responsible help, person may not need an intimate knowledge of the big stuff, right?

What a great oppy. For a student or retiree!

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT (see edit history)