1929 DA brake light switch

Is it a hydraulic switch (typical for Chrysler products of that era)? Got a Chrysler part number? If so you can usually cross it to a current manufactured part. On the Plymouth side of things my cross references are at http://www.ply33.com/Parts/group8#8-58-60

I wouldn't be surprised if part 74185 used on Plymouth was also used on Dodge. If so, that was superseded by part 865336, follow the link for modern replacement parts.

Thank you ply33! I just came across a site that I think you may have started for interchangeable parts and saw that Napa carries one.....I may have to order though. I saw a Hemmings article that said that only 6 types were made over the years...I was just concerned w/ thread size and diameter that fit into master cylinder.

19 minutes ago, Bob Zetnick said:

Thank you ply33! I just came across a site that I think you may have started for interchangeable parts and saw that Napa carries one.....I may have to order though. I saw a Hemmings article that said that only 6 types were made over the years...I was just concerned w/ thread size and diameter that fit into master cylinder.

You might have to order. But it is still possible you could get one locally on pretty short notice.

Last time I needed one I went into my local "better auto supply" (the ones with the paper catalogs on the counter in front of a bunch of older folks). Happened to be a CarQuest. They had it on a shelf in the back.

Moved since then and the local store to me is now an O'Reilly's rather than CarQuest or NAPA. But I'm pretty sure that if they didn't have it in stock they could get it from the warehouse by the next day if not the afternoon of the day I call them.

• Like 1