1926 Locomobile Photo

jeff_a

An intriguing  vehicle from the Adrien Cote'  Collection/Saint-Laurent Museum in Montreal. One of 14 high-end cars for sale there about 2 years ago(also 2 Hudsons, Stanley, Stearns-Knight, Studebaker, Graham, Franklin, Hupmobile, Auburn, Cord, Peerless, Lincoln, REO, & Oakland cars). This one sold to parts & persons unknown.

A Minnesota car collector I know picked up a '22 Hudson and a '27 Peerless V-8 from the same guys. Caption says: "1926 Locomobile Junior Woody Wagon".

1926 Other Makes

Photo from Musee' Saint-Laurent, Trois Pistoles, Quebec

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

This locomobile jr is listed in Hemmings motor news. The car is located in southern California. If anyone car get the vin # and motor # it would be helpful for the locomobile jr archives listings. I tried but no answer.

63034662-770-0@2X.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I bought this car in 2018 from California and shipped it to Ithaca NY.  The "wood" portion of this car was poorly built -think particle board.  I tore it off ,designed and built ash and mahogany  body. Lokks decent runs f ine. I would love to restore the dash board to its original look. Any help/advice/parts would be welcome Kenn 607 592 1911

20190901_100820 (1).jpg

20190901_100828 (1).jpg

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

That is a nice looking later 8 cylinder Locomobile.  I like the proportions for a close coupled sedan and the wire wheels.  I can't quite tell what type wire wheel these wheels are.  Who can help here?  I hope they are not Dayton.

Al

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

From my search of Buffalo no. 4 wires, I have found that Dodge used Budd wires. I have also seen Hayes wheels on Dodge cars but until you posted I had never heard before of Buffalos being used on Dodge cars. Learn a little every day. Thanks.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

This one has been passed around.  It is a reasonably nice way of saving this obscure Locomobile.  Priced affordably, it will find a new home.  If the price is not inline with the current market it may not move for a while.  Sadly, the forecast for a near future ressesion is coming closer to a reality.  (track the crude oil prices)  A ressesion would have a significant impact on antique automobile sales prices as a highly inflated market is readjusted. 

Al

Edited by alsfarms
spelling (see edit history)
  • Like 1

If it had the T head……….I would drive it. The small straight eight doesn’t Intrest me at all.

Sadly, the writing was on the wall for automobile manufacturers.  Locomobile brought out the Junior 8, Pierce-Arrow came out with the Model 80-81, (also watered down Model 36), Marmon had the Little Marmon, Packard the light series all in an attempt to gain and hold market share.  For Locomobile, the swan song was playing in the background as only a few more years were left after the introduction of the Junior 8.  The Junior 8 was a good car in its own right, but the luster was gone from the grand days of the Locombile 48.

Al

Edited by alsfarms
clarity (see edit history)
  • Like 1