What year please

I was trying to emulate keiser31 even though I think this doesn't do any justice to her father the Falcon. Not impressed with the wheels or the whitewalls.  Saw this Mustang tonight while picking up pizza. No idea of the year. 

2 copy.png

1.png

1988-1993 Fox body Mustang LX. Virtually impossible to tell the years apart as they were all pretty much identical except for wheels and rub strip color (early cars were black, later cars were body colored), but since the original wheels are gone and it's black, well, those two clues are gone. I will say it's probably a 4-cylinder, not a 5.0, and that the trunk lid luggage rack and CHMSL have been removed. And obviously the top isn't original. I know it's not an '87 simply because of the side mirrors, whose design was changed in '88 because those used prior to that tended to chew up their weather seals (they were attached right in the corner of the A-pillar). If the top were down we could narrow it down to pre- or post-1990, since they changed the top design so it would fold flatter. 

Edited by Matt Harwood (see edit history)