Lloyd Young Estate Auction of Cars

Guest Mark McAlpine

Thanks for posting this.  It looks like there are some nice cars in the collection.  And I agree--I like the tail lights being illuminated on the display board.

Did you know the late Mr. Lloyd?  How did he assemble his collection--why those particular cars?

For those who want to see the photos, here's the link:  http://www.clumauctions.com/car-photos.html.

11 hours ago, Mark McAlpine said:

Thanks for posting this.  It looks like there are some nice cars in the collection.  And I agree--I like the tail lights being illuminated on the display board.

Did you know the late Mr. Lloyd?  How did he assemble his collection--why those particular cars?

For those who want to see the photos, here's the link:  http://www.clumauctions.com/car-photos.html.

I knew both Lloyd and Shirley well, had visited several times, and enjoyed touring with them. Shirley was probably more the force in accumulating the collections. Her collection of taillights is amazing - especially when the darkened barn's end rafter lights up in so many varied red shapes. Her collection of tire pumps is beyond description, and even more so is the collection of Spare Tire Locks. Of course Lloyd's mechanical expertise was a blessing to the hobby, and his dedication to restoring and installing Overdrive units has saved thousands of "REVS" for our vintage engines over the years. I always enjoyed lunch with Lloyd at the little bar a few blocks from their home.

Hopefully I'll be able to attend the auction, even 'tho I am out of garage space.

What a nice collection of cars. My favorites would be the  1921 Templar, 1922 Marmon and 1922  Pierce Arrow. Lloyd was a gentleman and a true hobbyist. He was one of "those guys" you always wanted to see on a tour. I am sure his cars will get into the right hands and hopefully enjoyed on future tours.

I got to meet both Shirley & Lloyd at the Gathering at Gilmore meet, where they had their 1920 Peerless(listed by the auction guys as a '26 for some odd reason) the year both Pierce-Arrows and Peerlesses were in the tour and show. I had no idea they had so many other nice motorcars.