Sign in to follow this  
ski.dive

Purchased 2 Front Struts - How much should I pay a shop to install?

I have purchased the 2 Front Struts

How much should I pay a shop for the labor to install them?

I suggest buying the strut compressor and learning how to do it. Will cost around fifty bucks.

If you find a shop willing to install them for you, most shops will not warranty the work or even install parts brought by customers, I would expect $200-$300.

If buying them from the shop and having them from the shop and installed by the shop $300-$500.

I just had front and rear struts and mounting kits installed on my new 'vert for $375.  I bought the parts separately.  The shop said they would guarantee the work but not the parts.  Seemed fair to me.:)

1 hour ago, Retired w/Reatta said:

I just had front and rear struts and mounting kits installed on my new 'vert for $375.  I bought the parts separately.  The shop said they would guarantee the work but not the parts.  Seemed fair to me.:)

Did you have to do an ALIGNMENT after the strut installation?

How much was the alignment?

On 4/5/2018 at 11:55 AM, Retired w/Reatta said:

Front wheel alignment was $90.

Really? That is a pricy wheel alignment, It must differ from area to area, cause around here they are no more than $65

7 hours ago, RetroJohnny said:

Really? That is a pricy wheel alignment, It must differ from area to area, cause around here they are no more than $65

Go to Firestone and get the lifetime alignment for under $200. I have been using mine sense 2005 probably thirty times so far.

I also had front struts and mounts installed and an alignment done. Labor for struts and mounts was 375 , alignment was 89.   Just picked it up last night.   Although I have the skill and equipment , at the moment living in a condo I do not have the space.  My pole building at the house across the state we are moving to this fall is getting a floor right now , so I had to bite the big one since I run this car back and forth to that house multiple times a week.

Edited by SteveT (see edit history)