Restorer32

'49 Olds Woodie for sale

$10? Best offer so far. Had another forum member who offered to take it for free. Let me think about the $10 offer. Is that cash?

Actually, if we can't get a serious offer we are thinking of burning it and filming the conflagration for you-tube. Our customer paid $10K for the car and had it shipped here from California. Surely someone somewhere wants a nice project at a very low price. 

Wow!  If I were retired (about 4 1/2 more years!  Not that I am counting...) I would consider tackling this!  Plus, I'm not too far away...

2 hours ago, Restorer32 said:

$10? Best offer so far. Had another forum member who offered to take it for free. Let me think about the $10 offer. Is that cash?

Sure!  And a bag of Lititz Wilber buds candy too upon delivery.  You like dark chocolate or milk chocolate or if you can’t make up your mind I’ll get a bag of mixed!

OK Restorer,

here is a ridiculous offer................

1000. for the car and 200. for delivery.

I am at 08054

rdz69@aol.com

9 hours ago, papafarms said:

Have you sold the olds woodie yet, would like to know, if not may want to come look at it and make an offer

Read the post directly above yours .

Can I interest you in a '48 Buick Super Woodie, same basic condition but a lot more money?   We can completely rewood it for additional $. 

12 minutes ago, Restorer32 said:

Now that it's sold everyone wants it.

That happens to me often enough that I wonder what the mechanism is--it's more than coincidence. A car will sit for months and months, then on the same day, three guys will decide they want to buy it. I'd say it happens, oh, every three or four months--often enough that it's not unusual to us anymore. 

I wonder what is going on in people's heads? Is it just that they have to see it for X amount of time before it sinks in or before they can make a decision? And why do two or three people make the decision on the same day? It's so odd.

Commenting on a few comments, as for my self i guess restorer32 bought it, yeah strange things happen that way about people wanting the same car the day it is sold or time element, as for me i was in California for a month and came back and inquired about the car to find out it was sold, my story, as for others i don't have the answer, but would like to hear more about your 48 Buick wagon, thanks bob