'49 Olds Woodie for sale

Car is complete but needs restoration. 100 % of wood will need to be replaced. REPEAT: 100% of wood needs to be replaced. Original wood is good for patterns only. New tail gate wood included. Car runs and drives. Good title. Giveaway price of $4750. Delivery within 500 miles available at $2/mile. We need the room! Pics to follow.

17 minutes ago, Restorer32 said:

Car is complete but needs restoration. 100 % of wood will need to be replaced. REPEAT: 100% of wood needs to be replaced. Original wood is good for patterns only. New tail gate wood included. Car runs and drives. Good title. Giveaway price of $4750. Delivery within 500 miles available at $2/mile. We need the room! Pics to follow.

You might delete the other three ads for the car.

43 minutes ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

Restorer, you might not realize that you

accidentally created FOUR identical threads

for selling this car, all in the Buy-Sell classification.

(Evidently, software problems still exist on our forum.)

If you're so inclined, can you delete the other three threads?

I would love to delete the extraneous posts, but how? I cannot find an option to delete. No idea how the 3 extra posts came about. Can't even find an option for "options" on the posts,  as suggested by Keiser.

We restored one identical to the one we are selling, same color even. Beautiful cars when done. Surprisingly fancy for a utilitarian vehicle. Our customer actually bought this one so we would have one to look at as we restored his other one, which was in much worse shape. He paid quite a bit more for it than we are asking,  plus the cost to ship it here from California.

2 hours ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

Jeff, it kills me that I cannot take advantage of this offer.  A great project but alas no room at the inn for another car and no money to restore it!  Going to try and send this to a few who might be able to handle it.   

You should get it - a nice hobby would get your mind off work! Oh wait....maybe not...

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, if we can't get a serious offer we are thinking of burning it and filming the conflagration for you-tube. Our customer paid $10K for the car and had it shipped here from California. Surely someone somewhere wants a nice project at a very low price. 

Wow!  If I were retired (about 4 1/2 more years!  Not that I am counting...) I would consider tackling this!  Plus, I'm not too far away...

2 hours ago, Restorer32 said:

$10? Best offer so far. Had another forum member who offered to take it for free. Let me think about the $10 offer. Is that cash?

Sure!  And a bag of Lititz Wilber buds candy too upon delivery.  You like dark chocolate or milk chocolate or if you can’t make up your mind I’ll get a bag of mixed!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Restorer32 said:

Now that it's sold everyone wants it.

That happens to me often enough that I wonder what the mechanism is--it's more than coincidence. A car will sit for months and months, then on the same day, three guys will decide they want to buy it. I'd say it happens, oh, every three or four months--often enough that it's not unusual to us anymore. 

I wonder what is going on in people's heads? Is it just that they have to see it for X amount of time before it sinks in or before they can make a decision? And why do two or three people make the decision on the same day? It's so odd.